1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ye Olde Pubb (Last/Previous match general)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saniblues, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Sounds like the exact opposite of my last match...
    Had a small stalemate around a ravine, no defenses other then people on our side and they had a small tower and outpost.
    We had only one builder making a useless hole along with a name suiting his personality( he was actually called Asshole :P)
    Enemy started making a sky bridge and I ended up having to jump around enemy knights while firing a catapult but one shot took half of it down.
    Around that time someone managed to tunnel under the enemy tower and take the outpost which was destroyed by a suicide knight.
    Then had to take out a rather awesome tower based on bedrock (at this point some more helpful builders joined)
    After quite an epic battle someone knocked through the door and it turned out they didn't have any actual tent defenses.
    Human wave FTW!

2. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

Last night I had an... interesting match. After the warmup period, I rushed as an archer, to find the enemy flag completely unguarded. The enemy had buried themselves underground and were panicking as I taunted them, waving my flag about.
    [​IMG]

3. Mordred

Mordred Guest

Wow... considering their builders get infinite resources at the start, that's pretty sad. Lol.

4. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Lately, arching has been incredibly easy for me. I dunno why, they either walk into my arrows or put down their shield because they expect a fully charged arrow I guess.

So on the flipside, I got on the retard team last round. I'm not trying to bash them, but when a builder tunnels all the way around your base just to get to the stone mine when he could have just placed one ladder, that's pretty damn retarded.

5. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Terribad game. We had the flag because we steamrolled the enemy. We took it back to base, the guys said "Oh lets be sportsmanly and give the flag back" so they give the flag back x.x. We get it again later bring it ALL the way back to base, only to find that our own flag was stolen. Red team somehow managed to kill our flag carrier. I found the enemy with our flag, was trying to get my team to listen, they were all still attacking frontlines, when the enemy with the flag was underground, only defended by one builder. No-one listened and the builder kept trapping us and entombing himself. The guy with the flag started to dig his way back to his tent. I kept saying to my team I know where the enemy flag carrier is. They called me a whiner and said just kill him. I said I needed help from more than one person. They didn't listen. When they finally started to listen enemy knights started crawling the tunnels so we couldn't get to the guy, who managed to get back to the main tent and cap the flag. It felt like I was playing with a bunch of mentally ill people, or noone could speak english x.x

6. Snoopicus

Snoopicus Guest

Que?

7. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

NO offense-non-noobs.
    [​IMG]

But my team was full of noobs

8. Lirael

Lirael Guest

Lol that was because I was trying to dig a tunnel under their base but apparently noone can defend a base without me. *shines ego*

9. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

Lol, I feel your pain.

10. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

Yeah, I was basically holding off an army by myself, had a little help though.

11. ComJak

ComJak Shipwright

Has anyone else noticed recently in a lot of servers that miners will mine up gold and stuff but won't build fricken outposts? I've played at least 4 or 5 games where my team had invaded at least half the map but when I died and respawned and headed towards the battlefield near the enemy spawn, there wasn't a single outpost to respawn at. I know miners have gold because I watch it disappear as I respawn but no outposts! So now, just to get to the enemy takes a good minute of bouncing and hiking ( i commend the knights, builders, and archers of KAG for their extremely high endurance).

Specifically, one game, me and some other knight rushed right to the pit in front of the enemy flag and killed a bunch of knights and builders and what have you. No enemy got by for at least 2 minutes and I racked up a 20 some kill streak... Now the miners back at base had mined gold (I know because I was watching) so I had expected a builder to run up to the middle somewhere and set up at least some rudimentary defense. But no, the same few miners are still moping around our spawn camp building this ridiculous spiky pit... Honestly, spiky pits are overrated. Knights can shield down and then just break up the spikes. So anyway I died and respawned at HQ and made my way back towards the enemy camp. Of course the enemy has been building outwards and had defenses about 1/3 the map from their side. I attack and die and whatever so when I get back, once again, the miners are doing some other pointless thing at the HQ. So I request an OP but none is made... in the end, I decided to go miner and get some gold/wood (which took a long time because all my teammate miners had MINED all the gold) and build my own OP. Of course by then, the enemy knights are at our door and are beating the living hell out of the "pit". Thanks to our miners, my team had exactly one fortification while the enemy had about 3 outposts spread around the map. (BTW this game was about a 7v7 or so)

Now this is not an isolated incident. It's happened a lot recently. I mean, the most important part of the game is creating and holding fortifications with outposts. However, I repeatedly run into miner tards who just won't build outposts because they maybe all believe someone else will do it for them...

Any thoughts? Has anyone else seen this? Or am I being a tad unfair?

ComJak

12. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

It's because many people have different goals in the game. Some people don't want to win.

13. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Yes, it's shocking but some people would rather have fun.

14. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

I am one of these people

15. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

I have fun durring the wins, oyeah! XD

16. Beef

Beef Guest

But losing is fun.

17. ComJak

ComJak Shipwright

seriously? people would rather be pushed back to their own HQ for a bomb and knight fest? I don't think that's really fun especially if you know you can't win.

18. Biffleur

Biffleur Guest

tldr Comjak but I agree with your first sentence, so annoying.

19. ComJak

ComJak Shipwright

lol well that's the most important sentence anyway.

20. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

[​IMG]

If you open the image in a new tab it appears bigger.

Simply one of my best matches, with a new kill record. Not the best kill death ratio but the best number of kills above deaths, if you know what I mean. Had all my clanmates with me, 8 different HA members joining at different times, the game lasted hours on end, was messy. Not even sedgewick could ruin it, on 3 occasions we ousted him, mainly by the HA members switching teams and marking him from sheer number power. He said "Oh Neat, tries so hard to kick me" next second "DukeNukem has been voted to leave the game by 2 players."

Oh and we won. The screenshot is the final scoreboard.