1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ye Olde Pubb (Last/Previous match general)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saniblues, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

do you guys ever go into an empty server trying to revive it, and just build dank walls on both sides?

and then get frustrated when nobody ever joins?

and then just have to leave and hope somebody gets to play with your super cool walls later and some twerp doesn't just take the flag as archer when the server's empty?

I do

[​IMG]

2. The_Owl_King

The_Owl_King Arsonist Official Server Admin

I can respect that.

Konoko and icemusher like this.
  3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

That was the exact reason I stopped playing. ::(:

icemusher and AmestriStephen like this.
  4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

This was like a week ago, but I had a really fun time with @makmoud98 @weman713 @SlamDuncan and @Kazaco97 on Pirate-rob's faction mode server. We set up our blue base on a secluded mountain to the far right of the map, and we trapped the nearby spawns to deter scrubs.

For a while, we did nothing but collect resources and build. But peace is boring, so we prepared for war. First, we bought two bombers. Then, we attached siege machines (catapults/ballistas) to them. This means that we could fit 2 knights and 1 builder in each bomber. Each knight was equipped with bombs/mines, while the builder brought a drill. In addition, we stored kegs and boulders inside the bombers.

With bloodlust on our minds, we set out to conquer the land. Soon, we came across a settlement of unsuspecting purples. They, too, had built their base on a mountain, but the height made no difference to us who controlled the skies. We bombarded their defenses from a distance, before dropping in with a coordinated infantry rush. It was over before you could say "Apocalypse Now". On our way back, we spotted a green hideout on the surface. Since we didn't get to use all our toys on the purples, we laid waste to the green base as well.

Crushing the purple/green bases was easy. But interestingly enough, it wasn't so easy to crush their spirits. It turns out that we didn't defeat either of them, because we hadn't captured all of their flags. While we were celebrating our victory, the purples and the greens began building themselves up again, banding together as an anti-blue alliance. Before long, we found ourselves fending off wave after wave of vengeful violet and viridescent vigilantes.

There's no real conclusion to this story, because some of us had other things to do. I left the server without knowing the fate of either side. We did launch a few more invasions (with similar levels of firepower), attempting to eliminate the purples/greens, but all we did was drive them further underground, where we couldn't reach with our bombers.

I guess the moral of the story is this: Usually people root for the underdogs, but it still feels good to be on top.
    flight of the valkyries.png

5. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

OMG MUM IM ON YOUTUBE

PeggleFrank likes this.
  6. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I guess I'll be the one to follow Para's masterpiece... Factions is really a lot of fun, a lot of memorable stuff happens that you don't see in normal kag. Long live the Orrderr

Anyway, what better than a nice long game of kag to maximize your procrastination power? Stay in school kids.

Here's a nice pic of our gloriously chunky base, it really capped off a swell game. I had a lot of fun minecrafting parts of it
    [​IMG]

The moral of this story is, tunnel snakes drool.

7. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

A 10 x 5 virus castle, followed by a project of a long bridge, and 3 ballistae bs bomb bolt spam in purpose. If you could only deploy 1 ballista at a time it would make the problem smaller.

10 x 5 virus.png

virus bridge.png

bs 1.png

8. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

So this seems to be the norm now. A guy sacrificed his life to secure the enemy flag, just barely getting it through the doors into safety as he died. And then the builder who was right next to the flag made no move to pick it up as it decayed. He just kept hammering dirt as people shouted at him to get the flag, and it was returned.
    You can't really call them newbies when they lack the capacity to learn, right? I'm not sure you can even call them human.

9. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Catapult + Boat + Zerd = Tsunami !!!
    219830_screenshots_2016-01-04_00001.jpg

10. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

A new tunnel trap layout, with a sawmill it's better. I call it screaming robot face:

tarp.png

11. Obione5256

Obione5256 Bison Rider

The server may be having slight technical difficulties. :rollseyes:
    MaxCpu.jpg

Edit:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  12. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Some asshat named Ashpizza tried to get me kicked in the last match.
    Code:
    [15:20:20] <Lefty> every time i push im alone
    [15:21:15] --- A vote was started by Ashpizza ---
    [15:21:17] --- Snapple Voted Against ---
    [15:21:18] --- marcel5 Voted Against ---
    [15:21:29] --- ShnitzelKiller Voted Against ---
    [15:21:31] --- Nikom4 Voted In Favour ---
    [15:21:32] --- iury_max Voted In Favour ---
    [15:21:33] <ShnitzelKiller> the fuck?
    [15:21:37] <ShnitzelKiller> me?
    [15:21:40] <ShnitzelKiller> I'm the top player
    [15:21:42] <Haha! Cheesey_Senpai> more builders ;-;
    [15:21:45] --- Vote failed: 2 vs 3 ---
    [15:21:45] <Ashpizza> HE DESTROYED THE BASE
    [15:21:51] <ShnitzelKiller> ashpizza, you piece of shit
    [15:21:53] <Nikom4> * Im trying to mine *
    [15:21:56] <ShnitzelKiller> trying to start random votes?
    [15:21:59] <ShnitzelKiller> see how you like it
    [15:21:59] <Ashpizza> no
    [15:22:12] TheDR connected
    [15:22:13] TheDR has joined Red Team
    [15:22:16] <Ashpizza> HAHAHA
    [15:22:18] TheDR left the game
    [15:22:32] Blue Team's flag has been picked up by sangfroid!
    [15:22:34] <Ashpizza> ten minutes before you can start that vote
    [15:22:52] Blue Team's flag has been returned!
    [15:22:59] saulxp777 left the game
    [15:23:07] Blue Team's flag has been picked up by Blackquill!
    [15:23:16]  * Teams are way imbalanced due to players leaving...
    [15:23:16]  * Remember, swapping to the smaller team makes you a better person!
    [15:23:17] Blue Team's flag has been returned due to teamwork!
    [15:23:23]  * Balancing Ashpizza to Red Team
    [15:23:23] Ashpizza has joined Red Team
    [15:23:28] <Ashpizza> NO
    I don't want to have a video recorder chugging at all time just for this shit, which is the reason nothing will ever happen to him, but new players really are a plague.

13. 8x

Just farmed 1000 coins and shot 100 water arrows in a row!

SirDangalang and EhRa like this.
  14. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

It should be emphasized that it's the official servers that crash like this constantly.

EhRa and Darknighte9 like this.
  15. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

We'll be watching out for him on Official Servers.

ShnitzelKiller likes this.
  16. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Capture.PNG

And then people joined, and this actually became a big, rectangular base in the game that ensued.

17. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

This goddamn guy fired 14 bomb arrows in my direction whilst I'm a builder.
    FOURTEEN.
    I love it haha :eek::heart:

Konoko and AmestriStephen like this.
  18. 8x

We blues just did the best treefarm ever:
    9 slots treefarm.png

Obione5256 likes this.
  19. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

>lose every match of the day
    >finally one looks good
    >build an immense tower while switching classes constantly to quickly exterminate enemy tunnelers and battle builders
    >deploy a ballista and destroy enemy siege
    >a knight pops out of a shitty trap my teammate built (which, like most traps your teammates build, is just a hard-to-destroy door for the enemy) and kills me
    >I immediately get autobalanced
    >both flags immediately capped due to my ballista shooting down the tower defending flag
    Does this mean I beat myself at KAG?

20. 8x

Made a boat with a 8x shape in shiprekt:
    boat.png