1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ye Olde Pubb (Last/Previous match general)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saniblues, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

i didn't cut it, i hit the highlight button (saves last 30 seconds) and you weren't in that 30 seconds

2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

well you clearly should have hit it again because any time the toothgrinder comes flyin in is bound to be a highlight

3. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Well then... I just had the glitchiest experience i've ever had on KAG, we're talking sonic boom levels of glitch. And it was hilarious. So I caught it on screenshots! Yay! TIME FOR A NATURE DOCUMENTARY.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For those of you wondering what happened... I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! I literally just opened up save the princess mode and spawned as a tree, then all this shit happened. I was so scared. Oh, and how did I spin out and die as a tree? I literally hit the suicide button, and heard cracking, then the tree started spinning and eventually blew up.@Geti what happened!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: I got back on just after posting this, and it wasn't happening anymore. I was gonna record it with bandicam toooo :<<<<<

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

This reminds me of an old glitch while KAG beta was still in testing. I think if you joined a single-player mode after playing on a multiplayer server, the blob IDs would get shifted around. I recorded an example in 2013:

The bots became catapults, doors became factories, and arrows became kegs.

Lava and an_obamanation like this.
  5. toothgrinderx

toothgrinderx Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin

This would have made the outtakes real, I landed right next to lava but, not with my usual grace and poise.:B):

6. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

CPlayer@ p = getPlayerByUsername('an_obamanation');
    CBlob@ b = p.getBlob();
    CBlob@ nb = server_CreateBlob( 'tree_pine', p.getTeamNum(), b.getPosition() );
    nb.server_SetPlayer(p);
    b.server_Die();
    nb.AddScript('StandardControls.as');
    nb.AddScript('EmoteHotkeys.as');
    nb.AddScript('EmoteBubble.as');

You got shrekt

7. an_obamanation

Shrekt by my own singleplayer server.... I feel so ashamed.

EDIT: More glitchy fun! Played save the princess again to get the black knight achievement and well, as soon as I got to sedgewick the owl the little black fade in effect started looping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It made it really hard to complete but as soon as I reached princess geti it stopped looping the effect and went back to normal, save the princess mode hates me.

8. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I get the exact same thing (I was Geti once :D) BTW you can repeat it by going onto a server then singleplayer (that works for me atleast and i have some mods: CC+ BJ)

9. an_obamanation

[​IMG]

I'm starting to edit my wall so that archers have more space to not get hit by knights, however this makes the wall sorta tunnel visioned, as the archers can't hit knights right next to it without opening doors, still, I was gonna make it taller until we started getting attacked and I had to focus on other things. I think it's still adequate though considering how quickly I can build it. Mental note for people who think spamming a line of platforms is a good idea, do what is the right side of this wall instead. Doors for teammates to retreat to, platforms for archers to shoot through and knights to go through without risking opening the door for the enemy, and stone blocks to prevent fire between the plats and doors. I generally only put 3 platforms per row, this way fire's not that big a deal. I think 2-4 would be fine, anything more is overkill and anything less doesn't give archers enough room.

10. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

except that putting stone backwall behind platforms make it possible for only one to burn if shot with an arrow... Also, why are you even posting it here kek? and not Building critiques?

AmestriStephen likes this.
  11. an_obamanation

Never knew about that stone backwall stuff, that explains why some of my fire arrows just did one platform! Thanks for the info :D

Also posting here because it was the last match I played and I was planning on talking about other things that happened during that match, but forgot to take pictures of other fun things and not much interesting happened, only some guy trolling with a trampoline. Who called me a faggot when I broke it, despite every single person on our team begging him to stop because he was getting us killed constantly and made travel a hassle, and enemy players agreeing with our team that the trampoline was obnoxious.

Most important reason though is because this is no where close to what I intended the wall to be, so i'll post there once I finesse it a little bit somewhere or else I may just do some sandbox and build one up. Thanks for the platform info though :D

12. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I dont find archer rooms in a forward base useful for shizzle. And if you really wanted to help them be scum then remove the dirt blocks directly behind the block under the bottom door. As i hear myself i realize you might not understand.

:castle_bg: :door:
    :castle_bg: :stone_door:
    :door::castle_wall:
    that way they can scumbagily shoot arrows from behind the door, defending them from slashes, while at the same time getting an angle right at the knights. Note only help archers on your team if they are actually good or all your work will be a waste.

an_obamanation likes this.
  13. an_obamanation

You know, new players don't always suck. Today I had an incredibly fun time with a guy who was clearly new. His username was Norton. While he didn't talk much he was actually a good builder who helped me out with a catapult tower I was making. He helped construct some of the walls and actually was really good with where he decided to place doors. While he twas slow and was clearly fumbling with the menu's a lot, he was really good for a new guy. And his little faults from being new I actually found charming instead of aggravating, because when he screwed up he didn't completely fuck over our team, and it wasn't insanely stupid. Maybe he'd forget to not stand in doorways and let the enemy into an enclosed room. Maybe he'd not put backwalling down because he doesn't know how it works, and maybe he wouldn't listen to chat because he doesn't know it exists and is too focused on the game. Either way, this wasn't like most new players to me. I'll usually help out new players until they do something like light a keg and blow up shops because they don't know what kegs do, then I get extremely frustrated and paranoid about them, in which case I may yell in chat and get super salt because I assume it's always griefing. But with this guy it was like "Hey norton, can you give me some wood?" *Norton continues on doing what he's doing* "Okay i'll get it myself! :D". This guy alone has made me look back on every "new" player i've seen and makes every single one of them look like a griefer or something, just because he was that simple and slow to be considered new, but not completely brain dead. He wasn't covering the flag only in wood and putting spikes on top of it, he wasn't spamming trap blocks in a weird hole, he wasn't blocking up doors or anything like that. He just looked very nice, he looked like how I would be when i'm new to a game, just fascinated. I can imagine when he died in that doorway that one time instead of going "FUCK, YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT, STUPID FUCKING TEAMMATES, THIS GAME SUCKS, THIS GAME IS SO GLITCHY OMFG PIECE OF SHIT" he went "Hmm hmm hm- AH! Aww man, well guess I gotta regather my stuff now. But that's okay :D". I really liked this guy, he made me very happy today :>

Magmus and PUNK123 like this.
  14. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

"registered": "2012-02-16 13:34:39",
    https://api.kag2d.com/player/Norton/status
    Maybe he just sucked a bit instead of being new? :huh?::huh?::huh?::huh?:

15. an_obamanation

I bet he just doesn't play KAG a lot, and just picked it up again after a while. If this guy was ACTING like a new player though then that'll be very sad, as I know there are some people who do that. COUGH PUG COUGH.

16. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

What the heck is a pug?

17. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

a part of PUG clan 'ere \o/
    what'cha need?

18. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Couldn't contain myself and did this while seeding a server:

Attention, Game of Thrones Spoiler
    htd.png

Magmus and EhRa like this.
  19. an_obamanation

I was talking smack in a TDM game because this steam guide http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=197304494 said that it made your opponent worse, and while that's correct I actually got false kicked from the match for hacking because my KD got insanely high, and I guess they didn't like me talking smack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

That's not a false kick, you were being a meanie :(

an_obamanation and EhRa like this.