1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Yogscast ruin 3079 the roguelike.

Discussion in 'Other games' started by synthesispandabot, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. synthesispandabot

synthesispandabot Bison Rider

Their fans are now beating the shit out of this game telling everyone how bad it is just because of its genre.

NEMS likes this.
  2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I don't see how it's Yogscast's fault. They created a first look video for a very promising game. I watched the video, and they seemed rather amused by the game. While they did say it was rough around the edges, they never outright insulted it.

I don't know why you're blaming them. Tons of people say, "Oh, another Minecraft clone" and just disregard games like this. It's not the fault of the video's creator what people comment on the video.

Wonkyth likes this.
  3. synthesispandabot

You just don't release a roguelike to a bunch of idiot gamers.
    You just don't. See for yourself.

"Biggest pile of rubbish ever worst game I have ever seen
    aztec09876 13 minutes ago"
    "All this really is is something trying to be minecraft, really.
    599Network 30 minutes ago"

"That looks so terrible, I wouldn't dream of paying for it.
    Eplemosen 51 minutes ago"

"anyone notice the punch looks like a dick.....just saying
    XxDaniellegrayxX 1 hour ago"

"This looks absolutely terrible

nokocola 59 minutes ago"

"Worst game ever :(
    LTGamerzZz 1 hour ago"

Still reading? Good.

"@mikeymaple7 nah, this is just shit,
    TheBarryAT 2 hours ago"

"Fix your game notch!
    leifany123 2 hours ago"

"looks pretty poor :(
    hardc0r3gam3r 3 hours ago"

"This is like roblox minecraft and fallout all combined together to make a shit pile....
    Minecraft is asahmed to be in that group.
    Evilmau7 4 hours ago"

"i quit after 1:00 it sucked so bad
    gamesguidesanglitchs 5 hours ago"

And finally,

"This sucks.
    MrPwnage121 5 hours ago"

4. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Well. Not sure what to say here. If the video would've been done by a major youtuber like Totalbiscuit from which you would excpect a certain amount of objectivity from, then I suppose I would be mildly upset. Thing is, I don't think the Yogscast have the same amount of responsibility with their videos. Quickly looking at their channel description it says:

They are obviously drawing a larger audience since their content is more easy to digest and are therfore going to attract younger people. I am not saying that their work is for kids only or anything like that, each to their own.

You shouldn't worry too much about it. The people that talks trash about the game would probably never had bought it in the first place. And who knows, maybe the game will see a boost in sales due to the people that are keeping a low key in the comment section but still thinks it looks intresting.

5. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I have tried playing this game on THREE different computers as I thought it looked interesting. I cant get it to work for anything.

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Someone said a roguelike is trying to be like mine craft... I just fucking lost it

7. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Roguelikes did mining first, simple.
    But no, I don't think it's the Yogscast's fault that commenters are always morons.

8. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Insert mining here to gain weird commentators.
    Reminds me of those going like 'Tis is liek terraria,ripoff noop' while they didnt even play the game itself.

9. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Is non-personal hate towards terrible communities allowed here? hope so.

Well it should be no surprise to anyone just how fucking blind and retarded minecraft fanboys are.

Noburu likes this.
  10. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I'll bet you that if you made a video of Minecraft in Alpha and titled the video something like "Miner World," half of the people who comment would say, "OMG MINECRAFT CLONE."

It's sad that people are ignorant this, really. Just watch. Give 3079 a year or so of development time, and once it's out of Alpha, those fools won't even recognize it as the game that they insulted 9 months back.

Viken, Wonkyth and Noburu like this.
  11. synthesispandabot

Its like an eight year old boy played minecraft, and tried to make a ripoff..
    "...and it should have guns and monsters and space and no digging or building because those are gay and boring lol"
    I was actually shocked that this game was sold for £7.99 (now reduced to £5.75)
    DarkLento 32 minutes ago

I'm in incredible shock.

12. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

The Yogscast are retarded and alot of their fans are.

13. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

I did play the demo and not coming too far without being killed by something i cant kill back.
    Anyone here got the basics?

14. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I read you have to use LOTS of cover. Also I STILL cant get this game to work AT ALL on all three of my computers :( I wanted to try the demo.

15. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Guys, don't blame The Yogscast. They are entitled to their opinion as much as you are, as their fans are as well. If they don't want to buy the game, simple as that. They probably would have never heard about the game in the first place, therefore making the game not have near as much publicity. I would rather have tons of negative publicity than none at all. Look at Rebeca Black...

16. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

They are entitled to their opinion, but that doesn't change the fact that the fanboys most definitely think that any 3D or 2D game which uses cubes is a rip off of minecraft., thus making the yogscast and minecraft fanbases one of the worst.

10110100101, Ryu, Kagesha and 2 others like this.
  17. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

It isn't my problem that fan boys are so gullible.

Serolfic likes this.
  18. Alot of the comments on the Desura feedback said the game looked promising, but Yogscast has too big of a stupid fan base to play games that aren't in full development or at least as far as Terraria or Minecraft was when they first started playing them. I don't think it's the Cast's fault they have a horrible fan base though

19. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

This is why I dislike the yogscast (They're the only ones I cannot watch a full video of without getting riled up.). They play an alpha, they do it horribly. And by horribly I mean they act just like they always do, meandering around and attacking random things, then complain and make sarcastic remarks when they run into something they dont understand or if they're, inexplicably killed.

Keep in mind they stopped playing this game at 10 minutes when normally it's a half hour long video.

Not to mention. Every single time I see them try out a new game and insult it, there is absolutely zero constructive criticism. It's always 'This game is bad' or something sarcastic suggesting that. They're idiots and I have no idea how they got so popular by putting out such garbage.

Chrispin and AJ like this.
  20. synthesispandabot

Remember, this is from a person who only made a shitty 2d platformer with their gaint heads sticked there. And that got a lot of praise.

Mods: BlueLuigi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.