1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Yogscast ruin 3079 the roguelike.

Discussion in 'Other games' started by synthesispandabot, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Just saying it'sa terrible way to describe it, in fact saying it's a combination of Minecraft and anything else makes my fucking nostrils flame up at the sheer stupidity.

The fact that these people don't know enough to know that Minecraft just literally copied a game that came out slightly before it (Infiniminer, and I'm sure there were others before) but gets so much credit is ridiculous. I can understand that shit in fields where stuff is a bit messy but we're talking a technological field where everyone can get all the information they need when they need it without much work at all to find it, there is no excuse for the blatant ignorance for a journalist.

synthesispandabot likes this.
  2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Well, I guess it depends what you did with Minecraft. I play both Infiniminer and Minecraft, seperately, for completely different kinds of enjoyment. Just sayin'.

Regardless, it doesn't matter whether or not Minecraft is original. If they said "Combination of Fallout and Infiniminer" 80% of their audience would be going "InfiniWhu?".
    Dude, be practical.

3. BlueLuigi

80% of their audience has the intelligence of a mouse and are so casual none of these games even cater to them, they can keep playing minecraft

Chrispin, Rayne, jerloch and 2 others like this.
  4. Wonkyth

Maybe true, but probably not.
    Believe it or not, but most roguelikes fall squarely into the category of casual. Know why? Because most people aren't playing to win. It's far too hard, and makes the more fun gung-ho approach infeasible. Most roguelikes I've only ever completed once, because after that, I just want to mess around, maybe try fighting my way through the game with a stick and a pair of sandals, or something like that.
    Regardless, I think you're in no position to make judgments on their intelligence. If people were to be judged on the basis of stupid comments they've made online, then we'd have solid proof that you and I are complete morons!

Just leave it be, man. ^__^

WanderMark likes this.
  5. BlueLuigi

Cannot understand how anyone could really defend those types, especially journalists, but whatever. All video game journalists are scum.

6. Wonkyth

If you like, think about it this way: All the time morons spend doing moronic things elsewhere detracts from the time they have to do moronic things here. ;)

jerloch likes this.
  7. BlueLuigi

Luckily no one is directing those sorts towards KAG, at least not the forums, there are tons ingame.

Also, there is no defense for video game journalists, they are bad, terrible in fact, most of them should simply commit sudoku and be done with it.

Chrispin and jerloch like this.
  8. Wonkyth

Hey, don't over-generalise! :P
    But yeah, there are some pretty terrible ones out there. Good thing for them that the press is all-accepting! ^__^

Feel free to try it out for yourself, though. Journalism, that is. ;)

9. BlueLuigi

No, I've been deeper into the game journalism field than I need be and have spoken with people from most of the range, in general the few that are what we should have are shit on or start the blogs that never go anywhere, and the rest, the rest are shit, the 90+% of what you see in game journalism.

The ones that actually care about games are usually spending more time playing them then talking about them anyhow, for anything games you can get a better more informed response out of fucking 4chan than any game journalist site/magazine out there, I guarantee this, you need look no farther than cowa dooty and bf3.

Vivicus likes this.
  10. Wonkyth

I don't know what game journalism sources you use, but it seems they're all the wrong ones. o.O

11. BlueLuigi

Feel free to name me one game journalist you think isn't shit so I can sit down watch/read his work and show why he's wrong and retarded.

12. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Game Journalism? you mean reviews?

13. Wonkyth

14. BlueLuigi

Il get to the others soon ( would have to watch them) but yahtzee must be a joke and EC is one of the few that keeps things where they belong, too bad most don't take it seriously due to the cartoons

15. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Isnt this whole thread getting a bit off topic?

16. Wonkyth

No, not really.

17. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

It started out with hating something/someone, its just moved into hating someone else or something else, so the hate theme is still pretty strong.

Noburu likes this.
  18. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Haters gonna hate.

Wonkyth likes this.
  19. Wonkyth

xD I was actually thinking those EXACT words when I opened this thread just now!

20. synthesispandabot

synthesispandabot Bison Rider

[​IMG]

jerloch and Wonkyth like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.