1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Yogscast ruin 3079 the roguelike.

Discussion in 'Other games' started by synthesispandabot, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Haven't read a lot but as a general review, still have more to read
    IGM - Seems okay, good in that at least they don't use the stock bullshit, they seem to have (for the few reviews I've read) avoid most of the pitfalls of game journalism such as attempting to measure stuff and giving too much information based solely on 5minutes of gameplay, but this is really a whole site and not a single person so it would take a long time to actually go through the whole thing and such. Also since it's indie games and I haven't really been into the indie game scene aside from KAG in the past year most of the stuff I'll look at besides KAG is probably a few years old. Since they only deal with indie games though I'd have to also actually go ahead and play some of these games probably to get an idea of it, will take some more time.
    RPS - Ignores some things I wouldn't like ignored, particularly when looking at games like Arkham City, but given they only deal with PC gaming that is I suppose acceptable, have to watch more probably.
    Zero Punctuation - Just terrible, so terrible, how can anyone stand it ,so terrible.
    Jimquisition - Who gave this fucker a spot on any website. His reviews are mostly terrible, it sounds like I'm on /v/ without anyone making any good points but just putting a trailer on and saying some shit. (but hey, at least he says something bad about games) This is what british /v/ would be like huh?
    Extra Credits - Generally good idea, but the tone is bad, the ideas are usually quite obvious and they spend an entire episode explaining something that anyone who has half a brain has been saying for years, that said while they explain why something should be changed and is bad, they don't explain a way to get rid of it other than ' well suck it up' or some of shit like that.
    HardyDev - What is this shit
    ScrewAttack - Was good at one point, most of it now reeks of shitty tech blog video startups trying to get on tv, maybe if this shit was like a podcast for phones or something, but going past that, it just seems so bleh, the entire style with which they represent themselves is terrible.

Anyway, it is kind of getting off topic at this point, maybe I'll finish watching these sometimes in the next 2 weeks to give better reasons, but I rarely have free time and rather play KAG :P

Eggnogg and Wonkyth like this.
  2. Mathewson

Mathewson Shopkeep Stealer

i remember they played KAG..... it was.... bad....

3. NEMS

NEMS Arsonist

Can't lie, that video was pretty funny :D

Doolie likes this.
  4. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Well, I agree that nothing in the game industry is original, even philosophically, if we evaluated the basis of a creative mind, most of the inspiration comes from observation. Generally in the gaming industry, most developers are related through a creative wheel in which revolves around many ideas and concepts. A developer takes something from the rotating wheel and sends a figment of his/her concept into the wheel which will reach into the hands of another creative individual.

To be on topic, I have to say in my honest opinion, this game looks terrible. It's terrible not because it's a "minecraft" clone of any sought, but it's just terrible as it's coloring and graphics making the game seem rather bland. I can also see it's content being dull on the developing side, but by the looks of it, it's still unfinished. Again, I'm basing my opinion on my observation and not by what people put in the you tube comments.

5. Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost Horde Gibber

Lol, it got so bad that Phroot (dev) had to post a comment saying that it was just an "alpha" or "its not finished yet" because of all the bad rep.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 4, 2012 3:44 AM ---</br>
    :bird::>:(::right:

6. Smokeybacon

Smokeybacon Superdreadnought Donator

Bad rep or good rep, that game is still guaranteed a lot of attention when it does release.

7. synthesispandabot

synthesispandabot Bison Rider

You made my tongue burn off.

AJ likes this.
  8. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Personally, I wish the people in Yogscast would jump off the face of the earth. Fucking hate those guys.

Jim_Dale and BlueLuigi like this.
  9. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Maybe it's been British and understanding their mindset a little more, but people take them far to literally. I know most people know they aren't trying to be serious as a whole, and they can legitimately say some pretty moronic stuff, but they're alot sharper and self aware then alot of people take them for. The vast vast majority of their fans are fucking braindead, and their minecraft videos are most of the time piss poor nowadays, but they still do respectable stuff now and again when they aren't doing shadow of fucking israphel (a series that was quite amusing for the very first videos where it was much more "how to play minecraft" then the strange scripted thing they have going now). Bear in mind, over the course of them playing minecraft they've slated the shit out of it on several occasions, and slated Notches' blatent lack of work, which is very much justified given the development fund so many people have gifted him thinking he was gonna make minecraft the inventive deep game it was expected to be, myself included. They slate alot of games they really like, and that's not exactly uncommon, lots of people rant about their very most favoured games anyway.

Yogscast have unfortunately catered more and more for their thick as pig shit audience over the last year, so I definitely don't have anywhere near as much respect for them. They've gone from a couple of guys playing videogames badly for other peoples entertainment for the sake of it, to making a living from moronic cunts that blindly worship minecraft for some strange unknown reason.

Wonkyth likes this.
  10. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

That's exactly why I hate them. When I heard they made a KAG video I just about died a little inside.

11. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

To be fair it wasn't simon and lewis it was one of the other guys, the other guys don't seem to make videos aimed at immature little fucktards. Was unfortunate they went the way they did cos it was pretty funny stuff before.

12. Poonchy

Poonchy Tree Planter

>yogscast

More like, a bunch of fucking retards make videos and have little kids foaming over them.

13. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I think they're a fuck load wittier then your clearly not giving them credit for, it's not their fault retarded little kids started liking them, however it is their fault that they clearly started to make videos just for them. Watch some of the stuff like their fallout videos where lewis's' girlfriend is playing and it's pretty funny.

14. Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost Horde Gibber

Seriously, why is everybody hating in the Yogscast, they cheered me up when my cousin died.

15. Poonchy

Poonchy Tree Planter

I guess it's my natural tendency to stereotype fanbases and their 'leaders'

16. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

If you don't like 'em, don't watch 'em.
    Generally works, and seems somewhat obvious, but most people don't understand this, apparently... D:

jerloch and AJ like this.
  17. synthesispandabot

seriously i don't care if i get banned but what the fuck makes you think we watch them?
    this is a fucking discussion about why we hate them, stop waving your dick around like nobody will do anything about it because your a gaurd.

18. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Not saying you DO watch them. I just see a lot of hate, which I don't like, regardless of the degenerates it's aimed at. :)

19. synthesispandabot

Then don't click on this thread.
    jesus christ, fuck off dude seriously.

20. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

I appreciate that you have your opinion on the Yogscast and that you wish to air it. However, I would ask that you keep it civil and discuss your opinions in a polite, reasonable and well mannered way.

Mods: BlueLuigi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.