1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

You can use level editor in Zombie Fortress mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NEMS, Mar 14, 2012.

1. NEMS

NEMS Arsonist

Just a FYI for the people that did not know :)

[​IMG]

2. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

Yeah you can, but it's better to play fair.

3. craterlord

craterlord Catapult Fodder

Let's leave that to the user to decide.

Thanks for the heads-up.

S2uRI likes this.
  4. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

What is the point of zombies whilst using editor? You're not really playing zombies, you're playing god by destroying them all with bedrock. That is silly, really defeats the purpose of PLAYING zombies.

Beef and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  5. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

I use editor for testing different defences and tower layouts in zombie mode sometimes. If I want to actually have fun though, I won't use the editor. I find it much more satisfying to play video games the legitimate way (Grand Theft Auto games excluded, the most fun I've had in any video game is fucking around in San Andreas when I'm not doing missions with loads of cheats active).

UnnamedPlayer, jerloch and Rayne like this.
  6. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

Indeed, cheating in games ruins the experience for me.

7. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

It's only cheating in multiplayer, because there are other players involved. You can't actually cheat in a single player game as long as you think what you are doing is fun.

8. S2uRI

S2uRI Builder Stabber

Yes!!! Thank you so much!!! It's nice to be able to complete a decent looking castle before a swarm of wraiths wreck it!

9. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Well, then you get those children who come here bragging about how long they lasted after entombing themselves in bedrock and/or digging out the whole map. That's lame too.

10. S2uRI

S2uRI Builder Stabber

Now is there a way to load the map you saved? Or does the save function not work? :\

11. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Just an FYI for the people that did not know. As a Guard I can freeze myself and live for as long as my computer has power.

12. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

Actually, if you can freeze yourself than all of us can because in Zombie Mode everyone is an admin.

Pizza likes this.
  13. Pizza

Pizza Ballista Bolt Thrower

I won't use freezing myself or building something with the editor, since in my opinion that ruins the fun. It is usefull for testing buildings though, but even in that case i would rather build the design without using the editor.

14. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

Since when using the editor is cheating? :p I last only 1 day now, the solo mode is so boooring ! I WANT MP ZOMBIE ! NOW !

15. CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple Catapult Fodder

MP Zombie Fortress is out though! Unless there's some reason you can't play it?

Using the editor would be cool if you just want to squish some zombies and not test yourself. Though there are easy ways to live forever without "cheating," such as locking yourself underground. That's not very fun for me, though.

16. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

I second that.

17. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

My ping is horrible, and the MP ZF is still more or less exprimental.

18. CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple Catapult Fodder

Oh, that's a bummer :c :shad:

19. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

:shad: use the editor to build a gold base than :shad: kinda just abandon :shad: else. It's not even a big base, either.