1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG You HAVE to fix the game lag

Discussion in 'Help' started by revsta, Oct 8, 2014.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. revsta

revsta Shipwright

My computer can handle this game no problem. I can play Bioshock Infinite on ultra and a million other games, but I'm sure we're all well aware of the insane 'lag' issue with the game. It seems like maybe it's after a map has gone on too long, but certain areas of the map will glitch out and just become unplayable. This makes it impossible to build a wall or have a fight with any sort of certainty. It needs to be fixed now. It's frustrating as hell after 45 minutes on a tough map to not be able to play any more.

Verzuvius and RadioActive like this.
  2. This doesn't belong in suggestions and ideas, so I'm moving it. What do you mean by lag? framerate issues, or ping?

3. Leo

Leo Haxor

It's the scripts that actually make the game. I don't think it can be "fixed" in any way except to input a default timer in rounds.

4. Maybe your just playing on the wrong server ( aus server instead if u.s.)

5. acromatic

acromatic Catapult Fodder

I get it also it's not the server. it most certainly can be fixed but i wouldn't know how or what causes it. scripts sounds right, that's the kind of lag that happens.. usually only a major problem once the build menu is opened and a build item selected for building.

And idk if there was a patch but now I can't login because curl can't resolve my hostname?? how do I even fix that?

6. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/1239-now-this-is-how-you-build-a-base.21576/

Hate such evil.

7. revsta

revsta Shipwright

No one else is having this issue? Computer shouldn't even be an issue with this game, but I play on Last King's all the time, it's not internet lag, but certain parts of the map will just overload with computer/map lag or something and I just have to quit cause I can't play anymore. Just happened just now, other people in game were complaining as well.

8. Yes, I've got this issue too. Don't know why it happens, it's something to do with scripts i think?

What CPU are you using?

9. revsta

revsta Shipwright

whose scripts? q6600.

10. the game's scripts, also I don't know what a q6600 is, is it AMD? intel?

EDIT: ah, it's a core 2 duo. Yeah, you're not going to have brilliant performance with that one.

11. revsta

revsta Shipwright

Uh, yes I am. A q6600 is not a Core2duo, it's an AMD quad core and it can run Bioshock Infinite, it's gonna be able to run King Arthur's Gold. I've also never had issues until recently, and it's not my computer I have a brand new SSD in there with a fresh install as well. The computer is not the issue -- KAG is not an intensive game to run.

12. The only thing that comes up for Q6600 is an Intel Core 2 Quad from 2007. Also, I am pretty sure AMDs have horrible time with KAG - i've got an AMD A8-4500M quad that can run some high end games... playably, but I get near unplayable FPS on KAG. It's apparently something to do with the game's scripts and how AMD processors handle it.

13. revsta

revsta Shipwright

Yeah, you're right it's not AMD, but it's a quad core. It was an incredible processor when it came out, and like I said, never had an issue with this game until as of late. There's absolutely no reason this processor should have an issue with a game like KAG unless KAG is programmed by utter idiots.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey