1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Video Zen vs AG#

Discussion in 'KAG Media' started by kodysch, Dec 8, 2014.

1. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Here ya go kag folks, I'm missing the first round but Jigsaw @rymcd has it and should be available shortly.
    A lot of ping and drama in this match, something i don't like to see but yet still fun to watch. enjoy.

Tern, Snake19, neil58 and 3 others like this.
  2. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Taking advantage of our members with a latency of 233 to 900+ -- Zen must definately be proud.
    Guess that's what you can expect.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  3. Juaro

Juaro Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

If you've agreed to playing them on a US server second and your people have worse ping than theirs on EU, really, that's not their problem, but yours.

Anyways, can everyone go back to either shutting up if they ain't got nothing of value to say or criticising contstructively... all this KAG drama lately has really exposed/confirmed the bad sides of a couple of people, not looking at anyone in particular - actually, i am.
    Please, please just accept things how they are and don't get salty after every fucking clanwar that is played because butthurt people after a clanwar is probably the worst thing imaginable in that situation. Ruins it for everybody.

Edit: Oh and to point out again what Sac has already talked about in another clanwar thread, losing doesn't hurt your statistics, it's literally just affected by how many games you win.

startselect3, Tern, RampageX and 4 others like this.
  4. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Well, it is not funny to play with lag. And isn't that what it's about? Having fun?

startselect3 likes this.
  5. Juaro

well, obviously you did or you wouldn't have played there... and now don't tell me Zen have gangpressed you into playing there, it's common knowledge that there's a server change after the first map in intercontinental matches. Just. Accept. Your. Defeat.

Tern, Solaris, RampageX and 1 other person like this.
  6. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

The new rules for ic matches definitely make it more fair to play. Instead of the team that gets to go on their server on 3rd match, it will now be only 2 matches, can't remember if it's still based off of caps but either way it will be a lot easier to tie this way, hence saving yourself from losing should be easier.

7. Juaro

You can't just mix criteria like they're a fucking cocktail.
    Either you complain about the eligibility of the match, where the fun-factor is to be neglected, or you talk about the fun that is to be had playing the match, which does not influence the outcome at all. And yes, ideally, it should all be about fun but people like - certain people i won't name now - ruin it by overly complaining about the victory conditions and the parameters of the match, rather than just accepting things.

Solaris, RampageX and Galen like this.
  8. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Wow Oodle you comment the game very well * _ *
    I want you to ALL the games of the KWC ::P:
    I did not understand everything about what you were saying about me, because my english suck, but I do not think it'm negative ^^ '
    Last pars maybe 6:16.
    When I said those words it was for "Damo" ... (CapitanForceX / Hodor!)

Anyway ... Last pars that I thought of a great concept Oodle!

Why would not you a Top 10 Kills / Save Flag / Move / TeamWork etc ....
    All Wars Clans that you filmed ?
    If you do not want to do it for clan wars made it at least for the "Kag World Cup" ::P:
    And if you do want to do anything of the concept. Recorded just games. I'd love to do it myself. But in French with English subtitles ....
    So up to you, I still think it would be better in English for the particular community that you commented out really well. With more enthusiasm for the top 10 it would be awesome :wink:

We accept the defeat, but not the fact that Zen are better than us.

In this game we let the Zen play two consecutive time on a US server. (which is nice from us)

We won the round on the EU server without even the Zen can approach our flag over 5 min.

It's every time the team plays 2 times on the server of their country win. It is very hard to win a match on a server against a good team with 133-166 ping or even 233-400 (what happened to 2 of our players during round 2.) Only a very good clan can get to win on a server from another continent. And for now I is not seen it yet.

But frankly I think Zen is as strong as us.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    kodysch likes this.
  9. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Geez reading this discussion makes me feel like being in kindergarden observing kiddos who think their bricktower is cooler than the other ones. Playing with high ping isn't impossible, winning with high ping isn't impossible either. Also, all this "we r bst clan fak u all" (not looking at anyone right now) behaviour is misplaced in a proper competitive environment, so I suggest to overthink it. Now, let's not start a flamewar or anything, just calm down and play with your bricks cooperatively again.

Pizza and RampageX like this.
  10. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

We can do a test if you wanted.
    You "BoW" play only with players EU on a US server.
    I know it is not impossible but very hard.

11. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Why would I have to prove something that you can prove just by thinking logically? Ping (in KAG), essentially only is a delay. If you know how long that delay is based on your ping you can cope with it really easily in release KAG once you got the hang of it. All it needs is a bit of, eh, let's call it "training". Also I don't have to prove anything since BoW already has proven this in previous tournaments. But that's not the point of my reply at all, I told you to calm down and quit that bitching. If you still feel like continuing this, feel free to send me a PM and I can invite all kinds of witnesses to it.

Pizza likes this.
  12. Juaro

No.

Snake19 likes this.
  13. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

I remember complaining about ping unfairness a while back the first time Ag challenged us. At the time I said no but because there aren't lots of us clans we are forced to fight eu clans. I have opened my mind to fighting eu clans since then and have learned to accept any unfairness brought on by ping. I'm sorry that you guys are upset about the conditions, but now you know why I was so cautious back then.

Tern, neil58, RampageX and 3 others like this.
  14. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Thank you for the kind words, I'd love to do the KWC videos or as many of them as I can. The Idea of a Top Ten plays is great and totally doable. If you want to do a french commentary or anything like that I can transfer over the video files for you to voice over. I try to keep my commentary impartial but i'm only human. was thinking about doing a player highlight every round where i follow around each player for a bit talking about them.

15. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

Hello everyone, I finally uploaded the video to youtube.

I had to compress it like crazy so I could actually upload it today. Also I never commentate so I'm sure it's not that good.:heart:
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 8, 2014 ---
    Awesome matches, I can't wait to see these two clans battle again.

Tern, kedram, neil58 and 4 others like this.
  16. TeQaS

TeQaS Haxor

GG, nice teamplay ZEN

17. AngelOfDeeath

AngelOfDeeath Catapult Fodder

This is standard for ping based issues. If they can't gracefully accept defeat, the blame will shift to anything other than themselves.
    Surely after your experience of kag you were aware the one underlying issue is PING. Hence, If you want to cry about the fact you knowingly were going to have a level of ping not satisfactory with your own region servers, remedy it by contemplating fair options BEFORE you play, not after. Otherwise why even bother playing, if any experience on a different server is entirely pings fault, not your lack of preparation for high ping?

Solaris likes this.
  18. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

It started on a European server; everything went perfect. Latencies were as expected. We had agreed that the second match would be on an American server ( .. and an official MLK server was selected ). Latencies were not as expected ( for two of my co-members it was around 233 to 900+, and their games kept freezing for seconds which made it unplayable for them ). While we suggested to use another server the members of Zen kept saying: "this is perfect" -- and it clearly was ( for them ). Maybe it should be noted that this is also the time where quite a few of them changes their tags to "[FAG#]".

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    Snake19 likes this.
  19. Playing well with bad ping is possible @Gurin is an aussie and he still beats a lot of us on US servers.
    If you guys weren't ready to play on a US server with bad ping maybe you shouldn't of played against one
    We played the US MLK server and the EU MLK server for the first two rounds expect bad ping or
    Don't play a US clan.

AngelOfDeeath and Solaris like this.
  20. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

I was the only one who did the [FAG#] thing and im sorry. I thought it would be taken as a joke but it was not. Again apologies for the [FAG#] was meant for fun and games and a bit of friendly smack talk. It won't happen again.

Tern likes this.