1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ZeusHosting.com.au - KAG Hosting (75% off - Plans from $8.00)

Discussion in 'Server Hosting' started by Spr0gs, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Spr0gs

Spr0gs Shipwright

Hi all.

Zeus Hosting have just opened and to celebrate are offering 75% off your first month on any game or voice server.
    All our servers are Dual Configuration Intel 5x Series CPUs. boasting 8 cores with 16 threads. with 2.4Ghz per core. we give you the power you need and never limit resources. our servers are hosted in Sydney, Australia on our DDOS Protected network to provide the best latency and uptime.

http://zeushosting.com.au/kag-servers.php
    We have 5 King Arthurs Gold Plans.

[​IMG] Bedrock $8 - 8 Slots
    Order
    [​IMG] Dirt $16 - 16 Slots
    Order
    [​IMG] Rock $24 - 24 Slots
    Order
    [​IMG] Thick Rock $32 - 32 Slots
    Order
    [​IMG] Gold Nugget $36 - 36 Slots
    Order
    You're also able to get 75% off your first month just by entering '75percent' into the coupon field on checkout!

Features
    • Full Feature Control Panel
    • Full FTP Access
    • One click mod installs for the most popular mods
    • Unlimited Hard Drive Space and Bandwidth
    • Web Console
    • Completely Automated Upgrades
    Hardware & Network
    • High end Intel Processors
    • DDR3 1333 ECC Ram
    • RAID 10
    • Windows Server 2012
    • 10,000RPM Disks
    • Globalswitch Datacentre, Sydney
    • DDoS Protection
    • AAPT, Exetel and PIPE Peering
    • Multi-Homed Premium Bandwidth
    Contact Us
    Email: sales@zeushosting.com.au
    ABN: 43 468 603 454

rocker2, Razi, Aoi and 1 other person like this.
  2. FranticIch

FranticIch Let me be your tank... Donator

I´m not sure, but i think it´s not alowed to post such things in this category.

Server renters also post in this section, they are just rarely seen. ~ Raron

3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

This is VERY expensive. I'm hosting 2 servers, -16 and 40 slots- 15€ a month together.
    Yours should cost me around 43€, so why should I pay 28€ more for yours? Only big difference is that yours is in Australia and mine in Europe and that yours in windows server and mine linux (what is better)...

4. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Aussies. The internet is rare to them.

Over the history of KAG aussies have not been able to get decent servers due to high server costs. This is very low for them.

Razi likes this.
  5. FranticIch

FranticIch Let me be your tank... Donator

Ah, ok. Sorry.

6. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

This is true. There have been times where we have only had 1 server in Aus... Dark days...

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Also, aussie internet is shit compared to overseas (US etc). We only have a few services and there all shit (Most of them), so thats why this is a great bargain for us.

A few internet providers in Australia to compare with american and overseas...

Dodo - Cheap but shit in low coverage areas and high player servers.
    Telstra - Really good but costs a fortune to keep.
    Optus - Alright pricing but shit in certain dark spots around Australia.
    Virgin Moblie - Cheap and affordable and is alright if only 1 internet using app is up at a time. (Same with the coverage areas also)
    Telsta Bigpond - Is the same thing as Telstra.
    TPG - So gay i can't even begin to explain it.

So for us Aussies either way we look we get shit internet or its way to expensive. And i know what your thinking... But i'll just say it like this.

images.jpg

8. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

You forgot iiNet, it's pretty good speed, got up to 1.2 mbs a second while downloading a game the other day :)

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

iiNet aye.... Hmmm might be something i need then.

Canadian98 likes this.
  10. Spr0gs

Spr0gs Shipwright

$1 a slot is not expensive at all. minimum wage in Australia is around $18 per hour. it's very affordable even when you add on pricing for Australian bandwidth.

If people think Australian internet is terrible you need to look at the NBN and understand that this is no longer the case. this is already being rolled out to new estates and includes fibre to the home of speeds capable of 100mbps/1gbps and beyond.

my prices are affordable to the average australian and i plan to keep it that way :-)

11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

y u no move to europe

12. Spr0gs

Spr0gs Shipwright

Move? me? no thankyou. I love my country.
    As for doing hosting in europe, it's too cheap and already flooded with a large amount of hosts. however i would like to look into those markets but not right now.

13. splaph

splaph Catapult Fodder

Your servers are NOT DDoS protected.
    </br>--- merged: Feb 26, 2013 5:16 AM ---</br>
    Do not be fooled by this lie, their servers are fully open and not ddos protected they are charging $1.00 USD per slot which you could buy a VPS and host your own kag for WAY less.
    </br>--- merged: Feb 26, 2013 5:21 AM ---</br>
    ***redacted by FBB on 26-02-2013 @ 18:44***

14. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

splaph, server hosting is a lot more expensive in Australia.

15. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Buying hardware to prevent DDOS attacks is quite expensive and for the $20 a month he gets is probably a waste. On a side note, how do you know splaph?

16. Spr0gs

Spr0gs Shipwright

Who are you? How would you know? Our network IS protected against DDoS attacks. Its ISP level filtering that is mitigated upstream before it hits Australia.
    but you wouldn't know that because you're shitposting.
    What lie? How are they open? what is with all these accusations and nothing to back it up. And a VPS is not a sound solution for most people thats why companies like us exist and thats why we have customers :)

Please don't trash mine with your crap.

It is. But we don't use hardware. It's done upstream.
    also he doesnt know. as stated above.

17. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

splaph, you're throwing some pretty big accusations around without offering any substantiation. I will not tolerate any kind of trolling on these forums when RL monies is at stake. Please post some solid evidences to backup your claims or else withdraw them. If you cannot do one these things I will slam you with enough warning points to make you sit tender for the rest of the year.

You have a week from my posting this to comply one way or the other.

~FBB

{edit}
    Also, it's very poor form to try and hijack someone else's thread to advertise your own services. I have deleted all other reference to your services in this thread and will infract heavily if I see it happening again.

18. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Nek minute, he posts a video of DDOSing one of the servers himself :P

19. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

I dont know why people rent servers for games like KAG or Soldat ...
    Those servers provoke less traffic than anything else I can remember.
    You can for sure run +30 Servers on a 60$ per month machine.

Don´t waste your money guys...
    nice site by the way. :thumbs_up: