1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie Fortress Mode 1.071

A Zombie Fortress remake

1. Salvakiya

Salvakiya Catapult Fodder

I tried to get this running for myself. Unfortunately it does not seem to work. Wen I join my lan server it just shows a blank blue background and the cursor. Cant do anything and there is no character. Any ideas? I know my console says it cannot find generator_ctf_mountains.cfg and it cannot find Graveyard.png however it does find test.cfg and the zombie_vars.cfg what am I doing wrong?

2. silelmot

silelmot Catapult Fodder

Hello together, i got a bit working. Map is restarting when everybody logged of, map still excists after all playsers death and so on. Just one question i cant fix that easy by myself. How to fasten the spawn-times?
    Thanks all.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 3, 2014, Original Post Date: Jan 3, 2014 ---
    @Salvakiya . I got this Error too, unfortunately i dont remember what i've done to fix this.
    Check if you added all info correctly. In the autoconfig.cfg you have to use this line: "sv_gamemode = Zombies_v1.05"
    in mods.cfg this "Zombies_v1.05" and add "test.cfg" to the base/maps-folder

at least it was important for me to open all the ports at my local router.

that were all steps i`ve done, maybe you find help in this. sorry, i cant be more accurate!

3. Salvakiya

I figured it out! I did not have the Graveyard.png file. Because it was in the mapcycle it would try to load the map that did not exist. To fix this I just deleted Graveyard.png from my mapcycle.cfg in the zombies_v1 mod directory. Does anyone know where I can find good Zombies_v1.05 Png's? My brothers and I want to play on something other than the test.cfg. Better yet is there a map editor?

4. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

@Eanmig, could you make this mod into a offline singleplayer pack? More people are asking for a single player zombie mode. (I guess you could just replace the sandbox mode with zombie or something)

5. Salvakiya

@Downburst I agree with this! I mostly play this as single player actually. My brothers dont have as much free time as myself. Unfortunately the difficulty is a little high for one player. Also setting up a local server just so I can play singleplayer is kinda annoying.

6. Doc22

Doc22 Builder Stabber

Problem when clients attempt to join "Error compiling server scripts". I installed it on a working server, and the server log shows fine, with a bunch of "Sending script:" lines.

Anyone else having this problem, and anyone know a fix? Person to answer gets donor on my servers for donating their time to help, and you will be helping a new zombie server to start (with good hardware).

7. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Can I have .cfg files? Cuz I don't get the isntructions.

Nevermind. I realised that it's for servers and I tried to launch it as singleplayer.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 13, 2014, Original Post Date: Jan 13, 2014 ---
    Anyways, is anyone going to run zombie server?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  8. Downburst

There should be multiple zombie servers online.

9. Doc22

Doc22 Builder Stabber

Nobody knows the answer? I have googled all over... Tried many things...

10. bout

bout Shark Slayer

It happens sometimes, but it usually launches normally after a period of time (tested on Bunnyfection).

11. Doc22

Doc22 Builder Stabber

Still not working right. I guess I won't have a zombie server for a while....

12. Downburst

Here are instructions to play in single player by just hosting a server (for noobs)

• Download this .zip file: https://forum.kag2d.com/resources/zombie-fortress-mode.105/download?version=161
    • Unzip the file in the Mods folder /Steam/Steamapps/common/King Arthur's Gold/Mods
    • Open the file mods.txt located at the KAG root folder and add Zombies_v1.05 at the bottom then save
    • Open the file autoconfig.cfg and edit the sv_gamemode line to sv_gamemode = Zombies_v1.05
    • Copy the file /Mods/Zombies_v1.05/Maps/test.cfg to /Base/Maps/
    • Edit the file /Mods/Zombies_v1.05/Rules/Zombies_v1.05/mapcycle.cfg to mapcycle = Maps/test.cfg;
    • Run dedicatedserver.bat located at the root KAG folder and press play
    • Run KAG, select multiplayer then connect to localhost:50301

kaizokuroof and RadioActive like this.
  13. Slurmer

Slurmer Catapult Fodder

How do I load up a map...

14. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Lots of zombies + Retards that don't killing them, but hide underground = Game is choppy

Can you add something that makes zombie die in the sunlight?

15. Phoenix77

Phoenix77 Catapult Fodder

i some how deleted my dedicated server file what do i do!?!?!?! please help i feel like i broke it is there anyway to get it back?!!!???!!!:QQ:

16. Downburst

Run autoupdate.bat

17. Phoenix77

Phoenix77 Catapult Fodder

where is that all i have is a office word document

Reudh and Rayne like this.
  18. elpotato1

elpotato1 Catapult Fodder

Quick question:
    How do you start the game mode?
    I can't find a windows batch file like my other mods, and it doesn't appear in the menus either.

19. This is like the Classic zombies, brings back memories.

20. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Unfortunately, it's not. E.g. zombies get damaged by spikes, falls, we have saws, we don't have gold bullions.