1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ZOMBIE FORTRESS SINGLE-PLAYER RELEASED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

So you can destroy portals? I tried a few times and failed.

2. Chaos-Knight

Chaos-Knight Bison Rider

I don't find it very hard to survive above ground for dozens of days.

Personally I feel like performance in SP-Z mode should rather be measured in destroyed portals, not survived days.

MooCowMan likes this.
  3. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I can never give the actual length of time I survive for, because my day counter appears to be broken; even if I survive for weeks, it claims I only lived for either 1 day or not at all. -.-

4. Dussan

Dussan Builder Stabber

Same problem, some zombie rounds where i know i've been alive for days many give me the result of that i didn't even survive the night.

5. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Best Score below, legit awsome, above ground base. Chat on my wall for info if you want, ill respond every day or more.

6. Eeshton

Eeshton Shopkeep Stealer

Why are you acting like it's hard to survive extremely long? It's extremely easy but noone wants to because it's boring as fuck

7. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Zombie spawners are too unpredictable. Some times I can bomb it to pieces, no problem, but other times I'll throw a single keg down and it'll spawn 6 Z-knights. That's why you really can't measure it. Besides, I can open up editor and spam rubble with bedrock and destroy any portal that comes my way.

8. Eeshton

Eeshton Shopkeep Stealer

I don't find singleplayer too fun right now, mostly because there's no cooperation, which is why I think I'll find multiplayer EXTREMELY FUN.

Now that I think about it, I hope he allows local servers, I don't want to go public and play with strangers.

MooCowMan and spotlessline like this.
  9. King133x

King133x Ballista Bolt Thrower

You have to target portals as soon as they appear because they will spawn wraiths fast

10. Eeshton

Eeshton Shopkeep Stealer

They only spawn wraiths if there's no way for the spawned zombies to get out afaik

11. spotlessline

spotlessline Catapult Fodder

Cooperative modes would be super cool!

12. Danhup

Danhup Shopkeep Stealer

is 100 days the limit?

Redigit likes this.
  13. tilly

tilly Catapult Fodder

I built a fortress in the air (susspended by background stone pillars) and survived 24 nights :D

EDITED: By he way how do I add my own maps into the map cycle for zombies?

14. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

As of right now, we're not sure. Any saved maps added into the rotation won't spawn zombies.

15. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

*A note for people, if you have no NPC characters under your control (team) no wraiths ever spawn, havent tested this with Portals yet.
    *Zombies in general will have to be a LOT harder for it to be fun, hopefully this happens as more zombie types are released.
    In example, on the 10'th night a boss Zombie will appear.
    * If there is a time limit for an impossible to beat alone (i would hope) enemy to spawn, getting NPCs would be necessary.
    Also since more NPCs = more Zombies, and harder spawns (i had 8 Allies and Z-Knights became semi-normal spawns during the night) the game would become difficult. Just a good thought process to make the game evolve itself.
    *Maybe after beating the boss (or sub-boss type Zombie [boss would appear in a later date]) A Zombie portal would automatically activate, ofcourse you could attack those before this time.
    Good suggestions yes/no?
    This would work for Multiplayer as well, as more people joining the server makes the Zombie waves harder and harder ^_^!

16. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

What is NOC? Is that a typo for NPC?

17. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

A suggestion: Rather than comparing how many days you survived, why not make it a ratio or figure derived from the no. days survived and average no. of followers you had over that period. I realise that such a scoring system would be more difficult to keep track of (i.e. remembering how many followers you had on a specific night), but it would yield a much better analysis of how well you actually did.

Example:
    Last game I played I survived 7 nights (died on the 8th) with an average of ~6.5 followers (the actual daily tally being 3, 5, 7, 8, 7, 7, 9 --- calculated at dawn at the beginning of the next day). I kept track of no. of followers/days by screenshotting at dawn while holding down 'R'.

Applying the formula days^average no. of followers gets me 7^6.5 = 357,685.5 (rounded to the nearest half/whole number).

The reason I apply the av. no. of followers as a power to the number of days survived is because the more followers you have the harder the game gets - thereby making how many followers you had the real judge of whether your 365 day run was a leisurely stroll or a sweat-fest.

So... I ranked a 357,685.5 on the FZSI (Fuzzy's Zombie Survival Index) - how about you?

:p;):B):

BlooKazoo and thebonesauce like this.
  18. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Yes, obviously, since NPC is said many times over in the post, just a small typo.

19. zombie_man

zombie_man Shipwright

20. BlackKlit

BlackKlit Shopkeep Stealer

Guys, i think so number'o'days don't mean anything. I survived for 10 days, finally with twelve members, after that i get bored and dig underground...:(I didn't found a portal, but PORTAL FOUNDS ME! It immeditealy created in explored caves and starts to spawn zombies in numbers(happily not wraiths). I need to stop them but at that time alone wraith suddenly flied to my archers and exploded 2 of them, opened the hole in my defense. Wave of enemies rush to left side of my fort and killed dumb knights in several seconds. After that was massacre which killed all of my men and workshops except 1 archer. Tragic final! I jumped on tree tops and killed enemies in numbers. My arrows finally ended, but I gathered some again and again... I survived 2 nights and killed hordes of enemies. At that time incoming waves of enemies get MUCH lesser looks like start waves. I easily kill them. There even was NO zombies only sceletons. At 12 day I was killed by portal wraith, ewhen I tried to revenge to this bit of shit!
    R.I.P.