1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ZOMBIE FORTRESS SINGLE-PLAYER RELEASED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Some save or pause option would be nice as well. It's really boring to play zombies all the time.

Also, watch this:
    http://www.twitch.tv/zachdidit

2. JohnTS

JohnTS Builder Stabber

Love the new update. However, will torches be implemented in standard multiplayer? I can't see a damn thing anymore underground.

3. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Yes.

This IS answered in the actual OP.

If any of you have any questions. FIRST read the OP. Read ALL of it. If your question still isn't answered, then ask it.

illu and aaaaaa50 like this.
  4. JohnTS

JohnTS Builder Stabber

Ok great! I read the OP but wasn't sure what it meant by "Lanterns in full version". Also, was the third zoom level removed? I only have 2 zoom levels now on the game.

5. Neat

Yes the third zoom level has been removed.

6. Kraiten

Kraiten Catapult Fodder

I don't dig the tunnels. Thanks for jumping to conclusions though. You've also got it backwards, this update makes tunnels heaps more viable.

7. JohnTS

JohnTS Builder Stabber

wat. :QQ:

As for torches/lanterns, they need to be put in asap. In CTF most castles now are black blotches where you can't even maneuver through due to no proper lighting.

8. Mister_Snazzy

Mister_Snazzy Shipwright

I feel the need to post in this thread to show my appreciation for zombie mode.

9. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

So is this permanent? It's kind of terrible that knights need to persuade a builder to come help (not usually an easy feat) for every 4-high ledge you encounter. Couldn't they shrink them but keep the jump height?
    also it seems strange that it was to prevent squeezing since it seems that it's much easier to do now, knights can slash into 1 block spaces (not just the 2/3 block diagonal ones, literally 1 block spaces) very easily.

10. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

How? You can't see shit. How fucking pointless are tunnels unless you build Quarters every 10 feet to be able to see?

Anywho, I ENCOUNTERED A RANDOM Z-KNIGHT.

Good fucking Christ are they strong!

[​IMG]
    I saw it and just about shit my pants. I was thinking, "Man, thank God I have to powder keg ready... This shouldn't be too difficult!"

[​IMG]
    One powder keg and 3 bombs later, I'm thinking, "There's no way this dude can have much life left." So, I jumped down shield bashing the normal zombies/skeletons, and then 2 hits in rapid succession from the Z-knight, and I was dead. Switched over to archer and started shooting...

[​IMG]
    So let's recap; The Z-Knight took 1 keg, 3 bombs, a shield bash from altitude, about 2-3 jabs with a sword, and DOZENS OF ARROWS. LOOK AT ALL THE ARROWS IN HIS BACK!

And you fools say Wraiths are OP? They take ONE ARROW.

11. Neat

Z-knights regen.

Take them out with 2 kegs or 3 bombs. 30 arrows. Or drop blocks on them.

Going close combat is suicide.

FuzzyBlueBaron and thebonesauce like this.
  12. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Wait its not online yet?
    BUT I HATE PLAYING GAMES BY MYSELF T-T
    I get scured.

Ej likes this.
  13. Kraiten

Kraiten Catapult Fodder

That's the point. You have no idea when someone is digging directly under your base.

14. niblette

niblette Catapult Fodder

Finally a zombie mod with some challenge, but here there's too much challenge for meh in solo, will be better in MP

15. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Tunneling is retarded. Going off topic anyway.

Have a bit of a headache today, took my medication and am going back at it. It's 5 pm and I've been playing since like 11. :p

16. TehFrederick

TehFrederick Catapult Fodder

what do you guys mean, put in lanterns? I have an engineers workshop (I think thats its name) that makes lanterns, I have em everywhere.

17. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

I've killed 4 of them so far, get archer NPCs to follow you, and unleash a hell of melee strikes as a knight, make sure there is easy access to back up, so giant ones with the huge arm dont 2 shot you.

18. Kraiten

Kraiten Catapult Fodder

Is that your only argument against it? It's entirely viable.

GloriousToast likes this.
  19. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

YAHOOO mine is updating, I can barely type with all my excitement1!!! thankyou team.

20. Coldkenny

Coldkenny Drill Rusher

[​IMG]
    My house, second night