1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ZOMBIE FORTRESS SINGLE-PLAYER RELEASED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Mar 2, 2012.

1. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I can grab ladders with my head.I assume the guy grabs the ladder with his teeth and pulls himself up.

2. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Are you talking about Zombie Fortress or just the regular multiplayer? Yes, zombies has lanterns, but as of multiplayer right now, the only thing you can do to light up darkened areas is to place a Quarters, as it comes standard with a lantern on it.

3. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Mechanic workshop allows you to buy lanterns and throw em.

4. thebonesauce

If you wanna argue tunneling bullshit, PM me. I have plenty of reasons why it's stupid, if you want to hear them. Otherwise, keep it out of this thread.

Finally made it to day 6!

Something weird happened on like day 2. I don't know how, but usually the first two nights only skeletons and zombies spawn, right? Well, while I had an archer defending the left side of my base atop a notched tower, I was on the right shield bashing the shit out of skeletons (so satisfying :)) and all of a sudden I hear a structure fall. I caught a glimpse but it looked like a zombie glitched into one of the notches and (somehow) brought the whole thing down. Strange.

Yes, in Zombie Fortress mode. Not in the normal multiplayer. Non premiums have no way of seeing underground, currently. GOOD FOR THEM.

Keep practicing, familiarize yourself with efficient tactics, and USE NOTCHED WALLS WITHOUT TEAMDOORS!

Think I may make a small video later tonight of Zombie mode, showing off some ideas and strategies. Hopefully I can get a map that has part of the ruins sticking out so I can go spelunking!

5. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

God this is awesome and i'm pretty sure the multiplayer will be awesome too when it's out. Thank you guys for being such good developers

6. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Those alligator zombies are a bitch to kill, I've yet to survive when I come across one of them Dx

Disrespekt likes this.
  7. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

IT BEGINS!!! :eek:

8. thebonesauce

WTF is an alligator zombie? :eek:

9. The zombie knight.

10. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

I've just finished a pretty succesfull zombie fortress and I have one question to ask: How the hell do I get enough arrows to keep my archerbros supplied? With 4 of them I had to spend all day getting arrows for them and I couldn't keep up with repairs/migrant's.

Also I have a sneaking suspicion that migrants killed by a zombie reanimate as zombies. I didn't see it happen but I had some zombies reanimate where there shouldn't be anything but a migrant corpse.

thebonesauce likes this.
  11. You are 100% correct there, pal. Fallen teammates reanimate as zombies, too.

It gets annoying when you're trying to get new migrants, only for them to die & then after you kill the zombies that nailed them the PREVIOUS migrants reanimate as zombies and kill the NEW migrants; FML.

12. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

Epic new patch...epic epic.

HunterQC likes this.
  13. Chaos-Knight

Chaos-Knight Bison Rider

I just completed my second ZF game and it took me like 1 hour. It must have been dozens of nights that I survived (didn't look how many exactly, cause I raged and exited when I died).

It was amazingly simple and actually felt too easy in some ways and unfair in others. I caught a really good map with a neat and sturdy structure and expanded on that until I had every building. I even just had 1 migrant, but he didn't hit squat with his arrows (they often don't go through team bridges except when I charge them up fully). There is almost no way zombies stack higher than say 15 blocks without you taking them out first. Only problem was when the flying zombies showed up, but not too many of them spawned.

My problem was that I noticed a cave below and when I dug below there were like 5 zombie-portals stacked on top of each other. At first I didn't even realize it's a bug, it looked all future-tech like, sort of like a zombie-clonimg-machine until I realized it's 5 portals stacked on top of each other and zombies kept spawning like there's no tomorrow, they just kept coming and coming with no end. Later it slowed down a bit however (I think there might be a spawn limit, at the very end they almost didn't spawn anything at all cause the underground caverns were just sprawling with zombies).

What did me in were the Wraths (flying exploders). They kept spawning below the portal, when they exploded they always killed zombies, too and then a new one would spawn very soon. Since they target you, they just kept eating through rock and everything, until they were in my base. In a last-ditch effort I tried to destroy the portals with kegs from above, but it did nothing... so I jumped below as knight, killed a few zombies, stood on the tower of 5 portals an slashed away at it, until a zombie spawned right into me and killed me :(

So is there any way to destroy a portal? I swear I used at least 4 kegs on it (them) and 10 bombs.

(Also I had a bug where the team-ladders in a tunnel I dug didn't show the right sprite (looked completely black but worked anyway)).

Oh and migrants are retarded, they need to be improved, currently they can't even climb up a team ladder that's going up a straight wall. :eek:

Foxodi likes this.
  14. Kraiten

Kraiten Catapult Fodder

This thread has the patch notes for the new update, therefor the discussion applies to this thread. Let's hear those reasons.

15. Thordin

Thordin Catapult Fodder

I killed one zombie knight, it was very hard and almost impossible, but with alot of kegs and bombs he eventually died.:sword::B)::flex:

Before​

[​IMG]

After (lol total destruction)​

[​IMG]

16. Eeshton

Eeshton Shopkeep Stealer

...jesus...I...THIS IS AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWESSSSSSOOOOOMMMEEEEEE

The bots seem pretty dumb though, can't build tall bases because they'll jump out. :/

Also, is there any info on the zombie portal and what to do against it, it randomly just spawned right outside my right entrance and zombies were spawning from there and I couldn't do anything to fix it.

17. NEMS

NEMS Arsonist

I can barely survive a day :(

GHOZT likes this.
  18. thebonesauce

This isn't the fucking "Explain why tunnels suck," thread, kid. The changes for update? Tunnels are dark now. That's about all that applies to this discussion.

But, if you want me to give my reasons, here we go.

First of all, 9 times out 10, tunnels provide little to no defensive measures, so the other team can easily use them to crush your team, making all your efforts completely useless.

9 times out of 10 they're started WITHIN the base, circumventing all the hard work done to create good defensive structures.

The creation of a tunnel takes much needed players away from the battle, the enemy can spot it before it's even HALFWAY finished (as it still shows on the minimap, you just can't see it in game like you used to) so they can effectively counter it, and again, use it against you.

The only, and I mean ONLY time tunnels are effective and acceptable are if you need to go through a hill that the enemy currently occupies, you provide efficient traps and blockades to slow enemy movement, and you use stagger stone techniques so knights can't dig through it, like so...

:dirt::castle_wall::dirt::castle_wall::dirt::castle_wall::dirt::castle_wall::dirt::castle_wall::dirt::castle_wall::dirt::castle_wall:

Plain and simple, tunnels are barely effective. They require far too much time and effort and it can easily be turned against you. Now with the darkness, you have no clue who's coming at you, whereas before you could see the enemy and could run off before getting slaughtered.

Now get back on topic. Don't give me any fucking rebuttals unless it's in a PM, because this isn't the Tunneling thread, it's about the Zombie update. Thank you.

Spoolooni and Riletyface like this.
  19. JsF

JsF Shopkeep Stealer

So my first time ever playing the zombie mod i didn't survive more than a minute... I got this weird evil altar a bit underground where they kept spawning from the beginning! I thought it was supposed to be like this so i just put some stone blocks to cover it in order to prevent them from coming out; this would give me some time to build my fort (so it said in the instructions...). But to my surprise they exploded everything and were out in no time. Needles to say, i was relentlessly slayed after a minute without even having the opportunity to build anything at all.

Was A LOT OF FUN so i just waited for the next map to generate, gathered some needed courage, and kept playing. :D

20. joshuabr123

joshuabr123 Builder Stabber

Zombie mode is awesome! i Managed to kill a zombie knight!!!! :B): Took me a while as an archer... and i broke my record of 4 days! now it's 5 days!