1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie onslaught

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FinDude, Jun 23, 2011.

1. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

Inspired by another thread. I just... didn't want to touch it. At all.

So yeah. Co-op mode. Zombie npc's spawn and try to make their way to the player's tent(s).
    I think the biggest challenge in making the mode would be making sure players don't break the AI by blocking spawn points, whatever they may be.
    Stone should probably be scarce to prevent excessive campping. Zombies and their spawners could drop gold that can be used to buy supplies at the tent or make some more advanced defensive implements.

A day/night cycle could be used to give the player's a breather. Stuff like shovel-zombies (effective at tunneling through dirt) or an infested airship could be used to mix things up. Etc etc.

Of course, a decent enough scripting/modding support and the community can do this!

2. bilbs

bilbs Guest

Programming the AI around the already in place capabilities of the knight and builder could be interesting. It would save time and programming, that's for sure. (since the archer can't destroy anything and it's attack is ranged I don't see if having a whole lot of use as a zombie)

The best part for me would be creating zombie sprite sheets that have nothing to do with the knight or builder.

3. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

zombies should have some special ability because people would just mess with their spawn or totally make it impossible for them to reach you. What is that special ability? I have no idea.

4. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

I don't think they'd need to be much more than slow, deadly melee combatants with high hp and moderate tile breaking ability.
    If the AI abused the notch-climbing, they could climb walls well.
    Map generation can be used to restricts player's ability to spam stonewalls.

5. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

You got this idea off me didn't you yeah anyway guys check out my Topic its on Discussion :)

6. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Unless you're joking around, that's actually quite rude. You should check the time posted before you make such a comment. Findude's topic was 5 hours earlier than yours, that's not even a small margin!

7. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

Ok sorry Neat look i came here to be friendly not to be insulted or to have an argument so please Neat leave me alone Im new

how about zombies can Climb and attack bricks