1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie Servers: Almost Unplayable.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AL3X_j_M, Jan 27, 2013.

1. AL3X_j_M

AL3X_j_M Shipwright

Due to a combination of griefers, untimely next-map votes (i.e. Noob dies and wants a new map suddenly), and assorted douchebags (last guy alive never collects migrants, even when easily possible, with a server of 10+ people) Zombie servers are almost unplayable.

Yesterday I was playing on a server where a griefer with a clan tag of 8===3 used 3 kegs and his hammer to destroy our most important structure; the team had enormous pits on either side, but two idiots insisted that we have a "fresh start" even though the damage could be replaced within a span of 10 minutes, the rest of the map would take a half hour to reproduce.

Without an admin to ban griefers and prevent next-map votes when they are unnecessary Zombie servers are not enjoyable for me, at least. Anyone had similar experiences?

pokefrag and HardPenguin like this.
  2. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

Just because some zombie servers have bad players on and you have an un-enjoyable time doesnt make them unplayable.

3. AL3X_j_M

AL3X_j_M Shipwright

I did not mean literally unplayable, I just meant that there is basically no point if other players intentionally ruin it. I meant unplayable in the sense that the objectives of the game: survive, kill zombies, and build some sort of fortress become more difficult when other players work against you until they are vote-kicked.

As far as bugs/glitches go that's not been a problem.

4. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

Although you had a bad play experience this doesnt happen on all servers, some have good admin teams who stop others screwing the game.

The problem is that not everyone is ever going to agree on things like what to do when a tower collapses, whether to restart when several people die, what kind of structure to make. This is a problem as most zombie fortress servers are set so that to survive for a long amount of time you need to work together.

5. restbench

restbench Alpha Recruiter Donator

i agree with Lord_bugg here greifers are bad but admins try there hardest to be on all the time and i know from having a life and being a war server moderator that you cant constantly monitor the server

6. It's true it does ruin your experience after all sometimes people need to Remember KAG isn't out life wish it was though hit there isn't a lot of Admins on zombie servers so that is a problem

We are sorry you didn't have a good time maybe report some griefers at the abusive section that should help you a lot it does for me. Keep sticking with it and you'll have fun sometime

As An example I rage quit sometimes :P because I have A bad KDR that's glitches

Hope this helps;)

7. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

This has happened many many times to me before, for example, there was one time where I decided I would play solo on a modded server, 1 hour in, griefer comes, buys kegs, blows up my base. I've also had many encounters where kids want the whole server to themselves, so them and a few friends vote kick whover comes on, it's a problem. :L

8. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

In my humble opinion the zombie mode is only worth playing with max 3 friends. Like most of coop/adventure modes. In other KAG mods you can just push your idiot teammates forward or let them play minecraft in base, but here, a single douche may totally ruin the gameplay.

AL3X_j_M and Canadian98 like this.
  9. PixieKeira

PixieKeira Shopkeep Stealer
    1. Delta Force - Delta

I've experienced both situations, it's almost enough to make you want to DoS.

Canadian98 and HardPenguin like this.
  10. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Bad administration is a serious issue across all game modes and has received pitiful attention (though with the way things are structured it doesn't really seem like much can be done). I would recommend keeping IRC open so you can call a guard, but by the time you've recognized griefing, reported it to a guard, and directed them to the server, the damage has usually been done and the way the guard system has been structured renders them relatively ineffectual in the grand scheme of things.

I think really the best you can do is to talk to server owns and ask them to instate an admin team, though as we've seen this can create an even worse problem if done improperly.

AL3X_j_M likes this.
  11. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

While on the subject of griefing in Zombie multiplayer servers, I'd like to know why it is that most server owners allow catapults to be created. Migrant pinball is fun, but I almost never see anyone do it unless a group of us decide to spend two hours working solely for that goal.

I rarely, if ever, see these catapults used effectively, (as the map is usually much too small, stone is too valuable, and there's usually tons of towers blocking good LoS) and mostly used as a griefing tool, as if that were its' only use.
    For example, some things that I've seen people do:
    Lighting a keg, loading the lit keg in the catapult, and leaving it in the base. IIRC, you can't take the keg out of the catapult, so anyone not wanting the base to blow up has to run slowly towards the exit (due to the speed decrease while holding it) which, unless the catapult is right next to the door anyway, will result in a huge gaping hole in your fort. What the fuck.

Second, using catapults to destroy skytowers/skyplatforms/skyfucks. Especially in servers where someone decides to build it out of wood, I've seen too many griefers completely destroy something that took hours to build within mere seconds.

AL3X_j_M likes this.
  12. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

I dislike how I see servers named "EPIC ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE ZOMG THIS IS HARD". I join the server and there's maybe one zombie hugging a tree, and all of the players are minecrafting big houses, or making underground hotels. Is anyone else annoyed by this? Weird idea: Maybe if you could only be zoomed in while playing, players would take it more seriously, and it would be a REAL zombie apocalypse.

13. Nyxity

Nyxity Shipwright

This very well may be what happened to me yesterday... *Enlightened* :p

I joined a server, started helping out, but somehow got the feeling I wasn't welcomed, so started making my own base. Soon enough the guy votes me to be kicked. I asked "why?" but he wouldn't tell me. Later on his friend show up, they work on their base and they both want to kick me.

When a new map came along, I began a tunneling base and one came along and sealed the entrance over me! (Fortunately I could break it away with a hammer, though. Got free rock from that. X3 )

Canadian98 likes this.
  14. cdog3773

cdog3773 Ballista Bolt Thrower

foreign/stupid/blind people make me angry when you ask them to vote kick and they simply do nothing

HardPenguin likes this.