1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by driecoolguy36, Sep 2, 2013.

1. driecoolguy36

driecoolguy36 Shopkeep Stealer

I was looking in the entities file, and saw a couple of interesting things.
    1)All old zombie entities and noises are in the game.
    2)There is a necromancer along with some spells and another entity, the princess.
    3)There are a couple new textures for the normal zombie.
    Does anyone have an approximate date for when zombies is released? And also, will the necromancer be a final boss for zombie fortress, a miniboss, or just a standard zombie minion? And what will be the role of princesses? Will there be a reward for saving them (gold, tech, AI reinforcements...)
    Also, this is slightly relevant, and i know there is a special forum just for this, but i thought it was topical enough to be in this post. I had an idea for a game mode: Plague war. It's pretty simple, a take the hall situation, but neutral halls are guarded by zombies, corpses turn into neutral zombies, and there is an attack at night that ramps up in difficulty as the game progresses. I think that would be very interesting to have a neutral factor in the game, and would make a cool gamemode ( I know this is entirely possible as a mod, but since you are adding more game modes, an official version would be much more polished and less glitchy than a mod)

2. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

There is already a Zombie test server, by it I mean TD style, not zombie fortress style, but, someone else is going to make the Zombie Fortress sooner or later.
    And about the necromancer and the princess are you talking about the Challenge mode?

3. driecoolguy36

I think i know what you're talking about. Is it the one where players play as zombies against a team of humans? That one's kind of glitchy and zombies work best when you can build defenses, but it can be pretty fun.

4. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

The other one where you build factories and from those factories zombies appear. You duty is to build more factories or build defenses.
    Edit: We are talking about beta right?

5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Zombie fortress is in the hands of the community. Rayne is making a kind of 'tower defense' zombie mode and Fernegulus is making a kind of 'dungeon survival' with traps and loads of zombies in dark tunnels underground, both of them are players vs AI. Maybe there are more people making zombies games, these projects are all I know.

allknowingfrog likes this.
  6. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

To recap what previous posters said. There is no release date for Zombie Fortress in KAG Beta, as it is not being developed by the KAG Team but by the community (not sure if there's been any progress on it recently). The Necromancer and the Princess you are talking about are present in Challenge Mode, the main Single-Player mode for the Beta.

allknowingfrog likes this.
  7. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Yes, this is the KAG Beta forum.

8. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Because I have played humans vs zombies in the classic and here in the beta I haven't seen that, anyway, its nice that devs made KAG more mod-friendly.

9. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Earlier I stopped play beta for once and played zombies and it was fun as hell. I miss those moments where everyone is hiding underground and the zknights and wraiths are slowly digging away at the base. Then right then in there everyone scrambles outside were they get quickly get raped by gregs, skelies, and zombies. Fun times :D

driecoolguy36 likes this.
  10. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Nice idea with the neutral zombie idea, but post it in the suggestions and ideas part of the forum, and add all of the detail you have :D

11. driecoolguy36

Already in suggestion with all of my ideas, including some i dont have here (Thread called Plague War)

Froghead48 likes this.
  12. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

I think this would be cool. I mean, Beta shit with Zombies, amazing, right? I thought they would make it, but I was very sad when they said they wouldn't. I had figured out an entire zombie trap that would work, as well!

13. M00SHAK

M00SHAK Haxor

Ah, so you think this zombie mode in beta will be sort of like a story mode. I'd rather just have the original play style of Zombie Fortress. (It would be nice to have bigger maps and not as stupid npc's as well.) Sort of like a roam factor in the game would be nice as well; so people can build giant bases together or separate bases alone. (This would mean the zombies have to spawn throughout the map for an equal distribution of zombies on the map.) (Crap...why do I make everything sound like science or math >.<...) But yeah, these are just my thoughts, dont get too mad at meh ::D:

SMASH1413 likes this.
  14. Warren2997

Warren2997 Shipwright

I like the Plague war idea
    PS I got a bit midled up about the name of the gamemode name so it sounded like it hated it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  15. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Right now there is zombie server online in development,soon. :D