1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eamono, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Apparently there is an official mod team comprised of KAG testers that are making it?
    It seems kinda backwards to say it is a mod when it is officially developed by part of the game dev team.

Anyways, Zombie Tower/Factory, as far as I saw in the few times the server has been up, two teams building factories that churn out zombies to attack the other team, while they make towers to protect their own.
    Zombie Dungeon has a heavy emphasis on PvE and Dungeoneering, hopefully the Maps, Monsters, Quest Locations, and Events are pretty interesting and provide a challenge.

2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I think you are confusing a few things lol.

3. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I don't think zombies had anything to dowith then starting from scratch, ii thought it was for modding support

4. No.

5. Corundum

Corundum Catapult Fodder

About zombies, for those who are interested at it.
    Eanmig hosts a server that implements it (to a certain degree).
    "Eanmig's Roleplay+Zombies"
    The sprites are from KAG Alpha, although its not online very often
    (due to frequent modding and debugging).

Its based on Tsilliev's mod, so there are several different races to start with.
    And there are wars TTH-style with a dash of zombie survival.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  6. sxj

sxj Catapult Fodder

I never really liked zombies

7. buboe

buboe Builder Stabber

I think that if they can balance zombies with players and make it challenging, they could re-add Zombie Fortress. Zombie Fortress used to be pretty fun. (Atleast, until it became boring and there was no way to die.)

8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Honestly, zombie fortress was an extremely flawed game mode. There was no way to win and no way to lose and building pretty much broke the whole thing- people would just make pits for the zombies to fall in and you'd never have to fight them.

Seeing as we do have art assets for it though I would like to see the concept of zombies be explored further; maybe like a builderless "you're stuck in this house survive X waves of zombies" kind of thing might be fun. Or maybe a running around adventuring looking for stuff kind of thing.

9. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

i think one way to counter the pit thing, was to make the corpses unbreakable. It probably cause massive lag but the pit would eventually fill up and the humans overrun. Maybe if a zombie dies blocks would be created that fall down like sand and fill the pits.

Also for the idea of adventuring looking for certain item kind of mode, you could have a game mode that is retrieve the bag of food back to your house and if you don't do it X times you die. The whole time you require to defend the base as well

10. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I personally don't let the zombies fall in pits, I can handle all of them, set aside the ZK, and the Glitchy Greg.

I think Zombie Dungeon would be very nice for those that prefer pillaging, and raw combat.

11. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Here's an idea, if it were added back in, how about letting dead players revive as Zombies instead of migrants, (Assuming that there are no migrant's available for them to be put in), because a Zombie with a brain is a scary prospect.

SMASH1413 likes this.
  12. SamuraiCupcake

SamuraiCupcake Builder Stabber

I thought the whole point of zombies is that they're like us but brainless, which is what makes them scary. Besides, I'd imagine it would be pretty boring playing as a zombie : they have no special abilities except shambling, climbing and biting.

---

I think what the classic Zombies mode lacked a carrot to the stick. Yes you could spam the zombie spawn with kegs, but there was no satisfaction to succeeding. The game would just continue... until players got bored and left.

There would need to be a continuous need for something, like food (burgers, fish, meat). And, as an incentive to explore the underground, there could be chests with these necessities and more. Back in classic there were chests, but all they contained was coins, and ironically it wasn't very usefull.

All these flaws the alpha had can be fixed now. It was very fun underneath these. On top of it, we now have a necromancer. Why not play a mode where its one team versus him and his castle, as he throws increasingly tough mobs at you! The above-ground would be filled with zombies sitting around or attacking, so players would navigate the underground, which would have randomly generated caves with treasure and traps, which would lead to the backdoor of the evil castle. Alternatively, the team could plow through the waves of zombies, bring siege and take the walls down. Either way, they would then need to defeat the necromancer to secure victory. Heck a player could even control the necromancer! This would be really fun!

In any case, I too would like the zombie mode resurrected (pun intented).

13. Arukemos

Arukemos Builder Stabber

Would be fun but I would be in no rush for it.

14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: "i would like to see X massive idea and lots of fixes" - get in contact with @master4523 (i hope i'm getting those numbers right...) and, you know, work on it.

15. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

The way to fix the zombie pits is... Send more zombies. That was the fun part of zfortress. Hundreds of lag inducing zombies is a must. How to fix the underground camping... Send more zombies. Hundreds of the zombies pooring from above and below slowly crawling there way to you, excellent for roleplay.

16. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Look up Dwarf vs Zombies, and tell me if that is what you are thinking of.

And amgtree, that is why I still love ze fortress, the solution is always more zombies, and more wood.

17. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

I wasn't able to find a match on any of the servers I found to check that out, but judging from some of he rules I saw I guess it would be similar.

However, my idea more in depth was: 'You could add balance by forcing a player to be a 'Zombie-Builder' only capable of placing certain block types, and these blocks would be funded by coins. earned by destroying man-made blocks.'

And was more or less an idea for zombies to cross those gosh-darn pits that everyone has their feathers ruffled over.

18. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

I never really like ZF, but I always wanted a mole zombie that dug through dirt but didn't destroy the dirt block (so the underground isn't a stringy tunneled mess), just to irritate underground campers. And perhaps exploding mole zombie to break stone.

19. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Im just pointing this out but, im admin of a beta rp server (colonization server) And Tsilliev has added zombies into it.

20. Kurtino

Kurtino Shipwright

I actually very much liked Zombies and it was the one thing that kept me interested in KAG.

Multiplayer PVP can get pretty boring as well, considering it's just Knight/Archer vs Knight/Archer and some builders to help the Knight/Archer get to each other, which is 90% of the servers. The singleplayer modes are extremely boring, you can't really sandbox on this game in its current state so Zombies was the one thing I enjoyed to just tinker around with in Singleplayer...just building something up and seeing how far it would get.

Not really sure how so many people supposedly disliked it while listing reasons that would apply to the base KAG experience being boring as well. I think mixing things up with something different isn't a bad thing at all.