1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG KAG Official Modded Server - What Should it Run?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, May 14, 2016.

?

What mod(s) should the Official Modded Server host?

1. Zombies (eanmigs?)

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. KOD Zombies

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  3. Some Roleplay (Suggest)

19 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. CTF Modded/CTP

17 vote(s)
    20.2%
  5. Community Map-Packs

24 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Shiprekt / Shiprekt+

19 vote(s)
    22.6%
  7. Bunnyfection

16 vote(s)
    19.0%
  8. Laser Wars

37 vote(s)
    44.0%
  9. Attack/Defense

27 vote(s)
    32.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey guys!

We're looking at putting up an official modded server; it'll just be in one region for now while we gauge interest, but if it's popular we'd be happy to run them in all regions, on proper hardware.

The only question of course, is what to run?

Initially it'll just be one mod but there are plans to make it auto-rotate among a list of mods, which could be edited as time goes on (to add new mods and take old ones out of the rotation). This would be a good chance for modders to gain exposure for their mods and see their work played.

Cheers,
    Max

2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Totally would want zombies, but Eanmig's is pretty heavy and probably would lag the hell out of the server when there are too much zombies. And the game is nearly unplayable when the server is overloaded (and the game is not worth it after a certain amount of time, because it's essentially based on camping or jailing yourself underground for what remains of your life). I'd totally be in for helping optimizing if KAG had function call profilers (Verra told me there was something like that but I never could find it). If you need some extra zombie maps, call me, I would gladly help.

joshua12131415, Kazaco97 and PUNK123 like this.
  3. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I love the idea of auto rotation, but something cool would to bring back Fun! CTF, Zombie Fort, Shiprekt and Bunnyfection (Aka all mods)

joshua12131415, Magmus and bru-jaz like this.
  4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Attack/Defense!!!!!!!!!

-mechanisms (including custom new ones)
    -not broken
    -balanced
    -VERY fun

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Ej, makmoud98, Achillios and 12 others like this.
  5. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Mmm, cool. Does it mean that mods migh get some kind of supervision o an overall fast check from you devs or interns? Zombies and any kind of RolePlay seem the best option for me: they might be heavy, but don't suffer the feared feature-sickness and are pretty popular.
    If this takes further shape I will propose in the future my The Waste Kind mod and a VanHuek's Dwarven Halls Revival. Usually a few percentage of the official servers has activity, seems a good idea.

6. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

I remember Bunnyfectation most fondly.

Rayne and EhRa like this.
  7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

I'd like diprog's Gold Rush https://forum.thd.vg/resources/gold-rush.184/ It's the most balanced out of all the mods i know. Bunnyfection is hard to play and understand, and not many people like it because it's complicated, but Gold Rush is easy. Also, gold rush was the first kag gamemode ever created, right?

SirDangalang and EhRa like this.
  8. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Custom maps is a good idea 'cause it's the least thing you can do to avoid the official maps getting repetitive and therefore turning CTF boring upon the time pass.
    But I'm with eragon and mazey
    1)Atack/Defense (ive never played it but i see the gameplay on youtube and it looks AWESOME!)
    2)FUN!CTF

Also, i think there's a mod out there about futuristic battles, with lasers and stuff. Ive never seen any server runing it. Does someone knows if it's good or decent?

Vamist likes this.
  9. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

IMHO things like Fun CTF and CTP shouldn't be official. They're way too imbalanced and people will probably complain about it. Something calmer like Gold Rush or Zombies would be ok tho.

Also, Fun CTF isn't public.

Magmus likes this.
  10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I cant believe factions isnt getting any love.
    Pretty sure thd's stance was always that kag mods are opensource because of the rules so they might not care.

I would personally love a setup of Gold rush, alittle balanced KAC(with 1 or 2 maps designed for the tdm baddery), and faction/roleplay.

11. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Custom sprites are protected by copyright, though. And i doubt THD would just steal a mod :huh?:

Also, what's KAC?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 14, 2016, Original Post Date: May 14, 2016 ---
    also, i wonder why noone has posted it:

PLEASE CTF WITH TICKETS LIKE IN KAG CLASSIC

12. PUNK123

You cant copyright a sprite that you used for kag it is in their terms and conditions. You dont really have a leg to stand on in this. Also Kac is:https://forum.thd.vg/resources/king-arthurs-crown.396/. didnt work out too well due to a combination of a 30 slot server, tdm maps not fitting the gamemode, and scumbags. still think it has potential if you want a modded tdm.

13. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Blowjob and some of the different headpacks would be sweet. I mean, who doesn't want more hats? Head-packs would work well with almost all mods except for the overhauls.

That kind of breaks your 1 mod rule though. =p

Aphelion, bru-jaz, Lava and 4 others like this.
  14. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I miss original shiprekt. That should definitely be in the rotation.

And I have to agree that FunCTF just has too much unfun bs added along with the fun bs, like massive block menu and super op spikes.

Magmus and PUNK123 like this.
  15. PUNK123

I literally bitched at @The_Clev on steam earlier about how much classic shiprekt was better than post update 9 edits.

makmoud98 and Clev like this.
  16. Clev

Clev Resident Stoner Staff Alumni Donator Tester

He did, in fact, bitch at me for it.

17. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I'd actually really love to see this mode brought back. Hell it should be apart of the official mode roster it's such a good idea. When I first played it I loved it but sadly as more players joined my fps tanked. I'd love to see the server come back up, if the mod has been or is released on the forum i'll totally host a server of it on my gaming computer when I finish it (Eventually...)

Clev, PUNK123 and Vamist like this.
  18. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

I like the sound of gold rush and attack/defense from people's descriptions (haven't played myself).

Odd as it sounds I would like something that is still vanilla in gameplay with a few tweaks that mix-up the metagame. :X3:

Think simple modded game modes fit that bill. Stuff like zombies and fun ctf etc are too bloated in content and often are lag fests as mentioned ::P:

bunnie and PUNK123 like this.
  19. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I think factions falls under "Some roleplay"

20. Clev

Clev Resident Stoner Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I mean, I would prefer PirateRob's Realm of Secrets over Factions, but it's got WAY too much stuff in it.

joshua12131415 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.