1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

eragon200012 [ACCEPTED]

Discussion in 'Archive' started by EhRa, Sep 6, 2017.

1. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Just a heads up, I took a break from KAG for 6 or so months and only got back into it just a few weeks ago. I am now active (unless I've got exams).

Which continent are you from?
    Australia, specifically the eastern side. Sometimes I can jump into US or EU servers, depending on the time zone, though not regularly.​

How often do you play?
    As was said earlier, I took a break for a while, though I now play more regularly, 1-2 hours a weekday depending on workloads and commitments, and at least 4-6 on weekends, again dependent on outside commitments.

What times are you usually available?
    From 4:00pm to 9:00pm during weekdays and anywhere between 7:00am to 11:00pm during weekends, though I may not be active in game, but able to be contacted. Timezone is AEST/AEDST UTC +10:00

Which well known servers have you had admin on before?
    I have not been an admin on any servers recently, due to the breaks and the low server types for AUS (only really officials), though I was admin on Aphelion's Role-play, Colonisation and later CTF Expanded by Tsilliev and a few classic servers, including Eric999's multiple servers and Xebo role-play.

Did you simply get admin because you were a friend of the owner?
    I was not given admin simply because I was a friend of the owner. I applied for each. Aphelion's App

How long were you admin?
    Not particularly sure for all instances above.
    On Aphelion's I was admin for at least 4-5 months. All the other servers I was admin until they were shutdown, though the time periods could have lasted between 3 months and 8 months, I'm not entirely sure.

Was your admin status ever removed, and if so why?
    Yes my admin status was removed on Aphelion's server, for inactivity due to the time zone activity and myself wanting to clear responsibility and do other things.

Do you have any recommendations from Guards, Official KAG Server Admins, server owners or other notable people?
    No I do not, though anyone is free to comment down below.

Why should you get admin and what makes you a good admin?
    Though I took a break for a while, I am becoming way more active on both the forums and in game, especially now that exam period, for myself, is nearly over. In addition, I have a lot of hours in the game, my steam alone is bumping 400, while I have countless on the KAG launcher, both in Classic and Release versions of the game. This experience in the game allows me to help out new players with game mechanics, commands, tips or anything else game related they need.

I feel like I have become ingrained within the community, the AUS one in particular. I am friends with most people within that community, and some in EU and AUS. I enjoy the tight knit community, and hope I can help to make it an even friendlier place, by eliminating any hackers, griefers et cetera.

I am both a member of the KAG discord and the AUS KAG discord, so if the need to contact arises, it should be fairly easy to talk. I am also available on steam, link provided below, if anyone wants to talk.

I understand the KAG rules and believe I can uphold them in game, even during chaotic conditions.

I am generally friendly towards people, though obviously there are a few who we probably disagree with me and vise versa. They are welcome to post here.

Games are ruined by griefers and teamkillers and It can be annoying to have to try and contact admins to come on and settle the problem, let alone deal with the game being ruined and people leaving. The atmosphere for the game changes when griefers come on, and this is what possibly could turn people off. Admins are needed to keep the environment friendly, and I believe I can fulfil this role, along with the existing and future admins. I am also willing to swap to spectator to sort out any problems.

I have also reported a few bug's, specifically an archer fly glitch one.

I believe I have matured enough over the years to become an Official Server Admin.

Any other information you think might be relevant?
    Steam
    Entering HSC years, so activity may drop in 6 months time, though I'll try to make time for the game, if admin or not.
    If you want to -1 me, please add some criticism so I can improve :)

Third time's a charm, hehe.

Your Discord nick#number

EhRaGoN#1579​

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. bwats94

bwats94 Catapult Fodder

EhRaGoN would be very suitable for an admin position.
    Ingame experience, expertise and fairness are some of the main reasons EhRaGoN deserves this privilege.

3. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

I've known him for a very long time now, even from some unnamed Roleplay stuff back in the day. In everything I've encountered him in, he's never once been a disappointment, and I can guarantee he'll bring the same result if given the position.

EhRa likes this.
  4. 1+ Pretty sure he was playing this game in the womb. A nice bloke, good with the peeps. Hasn't stabbed anyone that I know of.

PUNK123 and EhRa like this.
  5. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

+1 Ehra is a long time player, nice guy, sensible. (got his feels hurt when I recommended Ava instead of him ;;)

PUNK123 and EhRa like this.
  6. +1. He has experience and is quite helpful in the AUS community, and can admin quite well from what i have seen, and can be a lot better when he admins his own way. Quality Admin, and i know he can do the job well.

EhRa likes this.
  7. Atheon

Atheon Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Known eragon back since KAG Classic, he has a sufficient amount of experience and knowledge for this position. Always has done what was right, no known negativity with admin powers.
    Admin Traits:
    • Responsible
    • Sensible
    • Helpful
    • Enthusiastic
    Eragon has become more active recently and if he receives this position, i'm sure he will continue to be active so.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Warcrime

Warcrime Shark Slayer

Played with him for a long time, knows the community enough to make the right decisions

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  9. Although we don't interact, one of the few players I can admire from the region.. +1

PUNK123 likes this.
  10. AvadaKedav

AvadaKedav Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator

+1 helpful, always cool and calm and overall a generally nice guy. Has lots of experience

11. cincoscuencas

cincoscuencas Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

+1 Having known him for a long time, I consider him to be very approachable, helpful, and he does have a lot of patience - a virtue which most admins should have.

Besides that, Ehragon can take responsibilities, is very mature, and can handle difficult situations well.

I strongly recommend Ehragon to be an admin. He will make a great contribution in Official KAG servers, especially in Australia.

12. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

13. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

What are your thoughts on muting players for being rude/assholes @eragon200012 ?

14. EhRa

1. KRPG

Well it really depends on how badly they are being rude or being an asshole towards other players. If the person says it once or twice, and it doesn't seem like it is affecting people or becoming aggressive, I would probably let it slip, obviously depending on the language used (eg racism), otherwise I would warn them to calm down a bit etc. That stance is because it is the internet, not just a pretty place.

If the person continues or if it is affecting the atmosphere of the server negatively and beginning to "get to people", and again depending on the severity, would give another warning.
    In the case of someone being overly aggressive, racist etc. I would more than likely give a warning and then mute if it is continuing to occur.

Hopefully that answers it :P

The_Osz likes this.
  15. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

but what about this then https://forum.thd.vg/threads/official-kag-servers.22092/page-15#post-391277

cincoscuencas likes this.
  16. EhRa

1. KRPG

I stand by my view of that, but as an admin, it is their job to make the server environment better for the players. Therefore as an admin, to maintain this, muting and such would take place. Doesn't mean I personally agree with it, but as people have mentioned previously to me, that has to be set aside to keep the server orderly etc. Ultimately I would follow through on what I wrote above about what I would do, despite my personal views on the issues in hand.

cincoscuencas likes this.
  17. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Accepted. Furai will update the servers and your forums account tomorrow.

epsilon likes this.