1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by wsensor

1. wsensor
    wsensor
    Team A: 10+ people
    Team B: 4 people
    Team C/D: 1-2 people

It is not really fair when one team gets tons of people joining so there should be a punishment of some sort.
    An increased respawn timer would not be too bad since it keeps happening.
    Oct 19, 2016
  2. TFlippy
    TFlippy
    I was thinking about setting some player cap that would be dependent on the number of bases or certain buildings.

Initially, camp would start with 5 player cap, which could be increased to 10 and then you could add 1 by building new quarters or more bases.
    Oct 19, 2016
  3. TFlippy
    TFlippy
    If you'd destroy a quarters which would result in the maximum cap being lower than the current number of players, the first people to die would get kicked out of the team until the maximum cap equals the number of players in that team.
    Oct 19, 2016
  4. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    Sounds like it'd just create bases/quarters spam since they're not hard to create at all. Also players being tied to buildings would be the perfect mixture for griefing. Players mass joining 1 team is a problem, but i'm not sure restrictions are the answer... it might just be something that simply can't be helped.
    Oct 19, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  5. TFlippy
    TFlippy
    I originally wanted have the teams to focus on having one "capital" base that would grant them huge bonuses, such as increased mining yield or upgrades. While I also dislike any sorts of limits, the teams outnumbering others is sort of an issue.
    Oct 20, 2016
  6. TFlippy
    TFlippy
    Next update, I may also make bandits able to capture camps (not forts, though), so you'd either have to invest in defenses, or just keep the number of them lower.
    Oct 20, 2016
  7. TFlippy
    TFlippy
    It's still not final, by the way. I'd be happy if you'd come up with something better.
    Oct 20, 2016
  8. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    Well about player cap limits being tied to bases/fortresses...I can see this leading to players scrambling for the far left and right side of the map as they would be able to build their extra bases & quarters behind their original base where it is safe.
    Oct 20, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  9. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    It would give quite the advantage i imagine, especially if you have bandits to also worry about. I just don't think it would be a good thing for the mod. Bit more subjective but is may also make the mod feel less "organic" and dynamic but that's my own really subjective opinion.
    Oct 20, 2016
  10. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    I'll think on it, always happy to offer suggestions
    Oct 20, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  11. wsensor
    wsensor
    Really need a punishment feature for massing teams. It just gets worse and worse. Fresh game started all of a sudden there are 7 or 8 people on blue from the start. A longer respawn time would really help or perhaps charge more as UPKEEP on certain item purchases from shops.
    Oct 21, 2016
  12. wsensor
    wsensor
    YES 18 people on blue hooray! it gets worse and worse!

Also I dont think royal guards should be allowed to use drills and crap they are basically tanks that never die
    Oct 21, 2016