1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by JackMcDaniels

1. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    Perhaps the archer class should be reworked into a sniper class and the rifle should be default equipment (like the bow) and you get bullets for it in very much the same way (from ammunition shops/bases when you have none) and at the same price as you can get arrows. Also rifle damage would probably need to be reduced to 1.5 hearts of damage so they don't one shot each other (unless you want that)
    Nov 15, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  2. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    Perhaps archer (or some variation of it) could be added to bandits as well since it would make sense for the empire (colored teams) to use solely guns and for lowly bandits to use bows or sumin. Bandits probably need a buff, more classes/equipment etc and also the lite handgun is really really bad, awful aim, slow fire and bad damage.
    Nov 15, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  3. Pirate-Rob
    Pirate-Rob
    Guns are meant to be more powerful than bows, so ye, archer is meant to be useless once guns are attained, unless you like the grappling hook. Although, I'm sure Fil could give archers changes which allows em to use guns better. (more ammo space, better accuracy, ect)
    Nov 16, 2016
  4. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    Well no one beats builders when it comes to ammo space and he has 3 hearts as appose to 2 which allows him to survive a single slash or rifle bullet and and also bandits....It'd be wayyy too risky carrying around a bunch of expensive bullets and equipment on a class that dies so easily.
    Nov 16, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  5. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    The builder can also dig trenches and build defenses etc which makes him infinitely better as a gunner. Also guns right now are pretty damn accurate so an accuracy boost wouldn't be a fair trade for increased survivability.
    Nov 16, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  6. Pirate-Rob
    Pirate-Rob
    You think too small, think of potential changes. Ammo could be given some kind of carry limit, which archers bypass. Guns could be given inaccuracy which archers bypass :P Tho, I agree, bumping archer to 3 hp would be better.
    Nov 16, 2016
  7. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    Even still it would incredibly risky going out in the field with just 2hp and a bunch of expensive equipment on you, archer speed won't help you much against bandits. If archer is changed in the way you suggest so that his only useful purpose is being a gunman then he should probably be named just that and changed from the ground up to be that.
    Nov 16, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  8. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    I did think of applying negatives to knights and builders who use guns but I think it's more exciting and more inline with the direction colored teams are going for the archer to become a sniper. Bandits use more primitive technology like bows and whatnot so i think it makes more sense for archer or some variation of it to be there.
    Nov 16, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  9. Pirate-Rob
    Pirate-Rob
    Well, fair enough, but I don't think an archer should start with a gun. Being able to get a gun with basically no effort is a bad idea imo.
    Nov 16, 2016
  10. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    Well the gun would be a part of the character itself so they wouldn't drop it on death and others classes couldn't use it. I imagine it as more of a suppression kinda class that uses a sniper rifle to snipe targets at long range and suppress their advancement (or simply take them by surprise) to balance this out the weapon could have a very long reload time.
    Nov 16, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  11. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    And like the arrow variation we have now the sniper class would be able to buy specialized bullets, for example explosive bullets for dealing damage to blocks & bombers and piercing bullets for dealing damage to armored bomber pilots/tank drivers. After this is done the archer class and arrow variations could be made a part of the bandit faction, albeit with a twist so that it is more bandit-esque.
    Nov 16, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  12. Pirate-Rob
    Pirate-Rob
    That's what I'm saying, a class shouldn't be able to use a gun from the offset, that completely negates the point of needing to go through a whole process of making it.
    Nov 16, 2016
  13. wsensor
    wsensor
    How about Upgrade-able Arrows?

IE: Stone arrows (current), Copper Arrows, Iron Arrows, Steel Arrows, Mithril Arrows.
    Nov 17, 2016
  14. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    Not necessarily, since not all guns are equal and players (especially those that play knight and builder) are still going to want and need handguns, Tommy guns and shotguns (which would rek a sniper that tries close combat) You wouldn't be able to charge the enemy with the sniper like you can with other guns.
    Nov 17, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  15. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    To the guy above me, arrows don't have the range, speed nor momentum to hit flying targets or far away targets whereas a bullet from a gun is almost a instant hit that requires no charging in order to shoot further. A knight or builder with a gun is a far better shooter than the archer with a bow which is kinda silly since archer supposed to be the ranged class.
    Nov 17, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  16. TFlippy
    TFlippy
    I may just increase their health to 3 hearts and either make the arrows cheaper, or buff their damage.
    Nov 17, 2016
  17. BarsukEughen555
    BarsukEughen555
    imo archer is for those, who can't afford guns, and that's balanced out, because in realworld bows are only used as a stealth weapon :)
    Nov 17, 2016