1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by JackMcDaniels

1. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    After a certain number of bandit camps exist at one time in a map make it so that neutrals become one unified team and only spawn at bandit camps until the number of bandit camps are heavily reduced. Another suggestion is to make it so that neutrals are more likely to spawn at a bandit camp that's under attack.
    Nov 21, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  2. Pirate-Rob
    Pirate-Rob
    I mean, the point of being neutral is that you're not on a team, so doesn't that kinda defeat the point?
    Nov 21, 2016
  3. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    Well I did create a bandit camp and a lot of players started spawning there, the problem is though that they were all too busy killing each other instead of attacking blue team. The suggestion is that bandits should become more uniform and get some serious buffs that enable them to be a serious threat to teams whenever the number of bandit camps passes a certain threshold.
    Nov 21, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  4. Pirate-Rob
    Pirate-Rob
    But that's the thing, bandits are meant to be a bunch of misfits who don't work together, they're not meant to be a force to take teams on, that's what teams are for.
    Nov 21, 2016
  5. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    And my suggestion is that once certain conditions are met they should become a force that are able to compete with teams, bandits aren't a real threat to anyone except neutrals and other bandits, I think it would add a more interesting dynamic to the gamemode if bandits capabilities and unity were tied to their influence/number of bases
    Nov 21, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  6. Pirate-Rob
    Pirate-Rob
    Well, it'd be interesting for sure, but it still kinda defeats the whole point of em. If people wanna be in teams, they'll make factions, otherwise they just don't wanna work with others, no reason to force em.
    Nov 21, 2016
  7. TFlippy
    TFlippy
    Bandits are quite dangerous, actually. Since they can spawn all around the map, they can easily assault lone builders or clumsy knights.

If you manage to kill someone rich and get 10% of their coins, you could also buy a bunch of badgers or mines.
    Nov 21, 2016
  8. TFlippy
    TFlippy
    Sometimes the bandits also team up with another faction and help them out, such as when there's a raid in progress.
    Nov 21, 2016
  9. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    Well that's true, though my suggestions are me trying to think of a way to add some balance to a map where the majority of players are all on one team that have completely walled themselves in with iron blocks, untouchable by bandits. Right now a decent team of builders can make their base absolutely untouchable by bandits and if they have a few active knights and bombers any new base would be defeated instantly.
    Nov 21, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  10. JackMcDaniels
    JackMcDaniels
    Beyond the iron walls of a team that believes its control of the map is nothing but a certainty bandits could be building and spreading like the plague until they hit a point at which they become a serious problem, that's the idea.
    Nov 21, 2016
    Biurza likes this.
  11. wsensor
    wsensor
    Perhaps limit bandit camps from being built endlessly? I regularly see 3 or 4 near eachother.
    Is it possible to make them not buildable within a set distance of eachother?

Since people can spawn at bandit camps could we just get a random spawn throughout the map instead of the static spawn points?
    Nov 22, 2016
  12. wsensor
    wsensor
    If there were no static spawn points it might fix people blocking neutral spawn areas all up.
    Nov 22, 2016