1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1714]Game quits/crashes after loading blobs and rules

Discussion in 'Archive' started by MoxyFoxy, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoxyFoxy

MoxyFoxy Shipwright
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

Operating system: OS X Version 10.8.5
    KAG Build: 1714
    Playing game via Steam
    So basically what the title says...I open up KAG, and get the launcher. Proceed to open main game, it does this, with complete normality, mind you. I get to server list, it loads, shows me all of the servers, they have people in them, everything is still completely normal. So I click a server, play it, still everything is working like it should. Then, it loads the blobs, it loads, the rules, and when it finishes loading rules-it crashes. Just...quits. It could be something on my end, but that doesn't seem likely to me, as everything is as it should be up until the bug, and the crash happens when I'm in game, not doing anything with anything else.
    I've been having this bug for about 4 days now, perhaps longer, as before I discovered it 4 days ago I hadn't played in a week and a half. Also important to note: This happens when I attempt to play single player as well. Obviously it has something to do with connecting to servers...no idea what though. I un-installed kag and re-installed it, didn't change it. I also verified its integrity through Steam. It doesn't have anything to do with anti-virus software(Because I don't have any). I really, really hope this fixes itself or you guys can help me out, because even though I can open up kag like normal, I can't play it at all because of this!

Kazaco: "We build KAG on OSX 10.9.5. On older versions of Mac than this the game might not run at all and keep crashing."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2016
  2. Teodor1

Teodor1 Catapult Fodder

I have same problem :/

3. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Could you post us your logs? You can find them by going to your steam library and right clicking on KAG > properties > local files > browse local files. Zip and attach this to the forum.

4. MoxyFoxy

MoxyFoxy Shipwright

The zip of my kag files is too large to upload, what now?

5. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Don't zip whole KAG folder. Only the logs folder inside. It cannot be too big. There is no way it is.

6. MoxyFoxy

MoxyFoxy Shipwright

Do you mean like the chat logs folder? Because that's the only logs folder I had or can recall, and it's gone now since I re-installed kag, and I haven't been able to play since so a new logs folder hasn't been created yet.

7. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Yeah, the logs folder. It usually have there console logs, not only chat. But if the crash didn't even generate that for you then at least try getting the crash report from windows and attach it here.

Try what I suggested in this thread.

8. MoxyFoxy

MoxyFoxy Shipwright

Would it be silly to just copy and paste the problem report from it quitting? I could just do that...

9. Kazaco97

If you can, try this as Furai suggested:
    Yes, post the report.

10. MoxyFoxy

MoxyFoxy Shipwright

The 2500 word limit is preventing me from posting the report, and I have no idea what might be important and what isn't so that I can slim it down. I have used terminal a bit before, but don't know how to do this:
    I wish I had enough knowledge of computers to be able to do what you guys are telling me to do :/ EDIT: I looked up how to do an executable, wrote in what you told me to do in Terminal, opened it again didn't do anything; there was still a launcher and still crashed.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  11. Kazaco97

You can just put the report into a text document and attach it to the forums. He basically just wants you to try running this:
    Capture.PNG
    The other method does essentially the same thing. This should create a console log text file which you can upload to the forums if you were unable to start the game.

12. MoxyFoxy

MoxyFoxy Shipwright

Ok I put the report into a document and compressed it, then I attached it. I hope you can glean some sort of information as to why I have this bug::(::QQ: Thanks for being so patient and helpful.::):

Attached Files:

Kazaco97 likes this.
  13. L3fty

L3fty Bison Rider Staff Alumni

Moxy, try a reinstalling. I've had this happen to me on PC. You want all your files to be of current version.

14. MoxyFoxy

MoxyFoxy Shipwright

I can try it again but I did mention having re-installed it in my summary.
    EDIT: Yea, didn't work :/

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  15. Theodore433

Theodore433 Arsonist

Got the same exact issue here, Moxy. Running on Mid 2009 17" Macbook Pro / Mac OS 10.8.5 via Steam.

Started during the holidays and has persisted since. Everything is up to date and I have reinstalled / fiddled with it three times to no avail...

MoxyFoxy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.