1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 2020 - Fixes and Player Marking

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 28, 2016.

1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

:rekt:I dont see the issue:rekt:

also: the new heart change doesnt allow you to place blocks on them(which seems kinda stupid to me considering you can place blocks on freaking chickens).

Asu and Magmus like this.
  2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I would suggest they fix the chicken rather than the heart.

Magmus likes this.
  3. PUNK123

I dont think the chicken needs fixing because it has no affect on the gameplay(unlike you i consider priorities when i bring things up). I think that in kag there are some objects that shouldnt collide with anything when you try to place blocks(logs, hearts, bushes, ect) so i dont find unsolid chickens the problem, i find solid hearts the real issue.

4. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Like the builder leg ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

but fr fuck logs they shouldn't get in the way

5. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

I think the pick up counter needs fixing as in the number being displayed on how many mats a person has. For example throwing a bomb arrow in the air and keep catching it increases its number +1 but in reality you still have just that one. The number should be based on your mat total that you currently have as well.

6. PUNK123

I dont see any situation where someone would(unknowingly)do that with mats. Sure it is alittle stupid but it doesnt really affect anything at all.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  7. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Its not just for weapons but with stone,wood, and gold as well. As a builder you might need a certain amount of mats and then come to find out that you have either an excessive amount or a not even close amount that the counter number tells you.

8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Who picked these Ctf maps? I don't see them appropiated for an official CTF server.

epsilon likes this.
  9. PUNK123

@Mazey did. If you'd like to help why dont you give some constructive criticism(instead of just saying theyre all not appropriate for ctf)

norill and an_obamanation like this.
  10. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

an_obamanation and Noburu like this.
  11. i fixed chat autocomplete today and currently figuring out if implementing private chat messages is viable. other possibility is creating a new admin channel (alongside all and team), but it seems more complicated

epsilon likes this.
  12. Potatobird

Yeah don't worry about that, admins can just do /rcon <message that isn't a command> and the other admins will see it

13. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Even people who aren't admins can do that if you didn't know. It pops up with an error in the console since you don't have the right permissions but it still displays in admin chat.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  14. platy1knight

platy1knight Haxor Tester

I can't seem to know how marking works , i press r on someone nothing happens

15. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

You need to be alive, spectating/deathcam doesn't let you mark people. Also it might be hard to see when the person you mark is moving, but a small grey arrow appears quite far above it

_Cuffs_ likes this.
  16. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

It took me a very long time to notice. It's a tiny arrow quite far above the player.

platy1knight likes this.
  17. platy1knight

platy1knight Haxor Tester

[​IMG]
    also no green arrow , or is it cause im near?

18. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

upload_2016-11-2_9-9-20.png
    The arrow is gray or orange (I think it's orange if they're using the same clan tag as you).
    You can also mark yourself in case you forget where your character is. ::D:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Please tag norill for anything related to the player marking! It's not my feature and I'm very short on time this week!

Re: Linux/mac Crashing - I've got a "maybe fix" for this but no real way to test it at the moment. If I can't get proper testing on it (we dont have many linux client testers) would you guys be ok with me pushing it "to try" tomorrow? I figure if it's already crashing more or less whenever you kill something, it probably can't do much more harm?

Until we figure out getting public testing working again it's kind of the best I can offer.

When this happens in future, if your server has reliable internet connectivity (ping google.com or something), it's something to contact jrgp about.

20. Potatobird

Buckets don't seem to work any more, now the builder just does the "place block" animation

SirDangalang likes this.