1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Build 2118 - Stability, Official Modded Server, TDM Maps and More

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Feb 3, 2017.

?

Which new TDM map is your favourite?

Poll closed Feb 10, 2017.
  1. Dichotomy

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Craggy Outlook

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Pressure Cooker

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey Folks!

A small build to ease into February - it's going through the build server now and should be out on all platforms within the hour.

As mentioned in the January Round Up, we've been looking into the crashes that have been happening for the last few builds, and working on some minor content changes.

The Official Modded Server was also put into beta in the USA - this build should make it the same colour in the list as the rest of the official servers. We'll be opening up a thread next week to get feedback on it, talk through any issues and start sourcing new mods for it now that it seems to be working - particularly mods compatible with the custom heads mod!

This build has a tentative fix for a nasty memory corruption bug that was causing occasional issues with deltas, as well as crashing servers on join if certain conditions were met. We hope to see improvements to server stability, and we'll be monitoring it in the weeks to come.

There have also been changes to the TDM map cycle - a few smaller changes as well as 3 new maps.

Dichotomy - one half of the map is randomly closed off each round.
    [​IMG]
    Pressure Cooker - The map slowly floods from outside in, forcing players to engage.
    [​IMG]
    Craggy Outlook - Cliffs overlook a central treasure trove with randomly selected entrances.
    [​IMG]

As a result of community feedback, sponges are now 15 coins in CTF, as they weren't seeing much use.

The "Mines Not Showing Activated on Join" bug may also be fixed, but this needs more attention - if it's not fixed this time around it'll need a reimplementation of how the animation is synced.

Last but not least, Norill has received his honorary special head for service through the THD intern program.
    Congratulations Norill, and thanks for your work!

Have Fun,
    Max

Code:
    Full Changelog:
    [added] New RTDM maps + fixed some "bugs" in old ones
    [fixed?] mines not showing activated on join
         (issue with cmds vs sync(), if not fixed might
          need reimplementation)
    [modified] sponge is 15 coins
    [fixed] memory corruption due to race condition on join
    [added] USA modded server to official server list
    [added] norill head (king of horses) - congrats

2. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Ah, the afk-killer. Wait, are those new mechanisms?

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Nope, just regular mechanisms :)

4. Geti

Status Update - builds are all out, let us know if you have any trouble with them - and enjoy!

5. AvadaKedav

AvadaKedav Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator

Fixed the sandbox bug?

6. Geti

Nope, that one is a doozy.

AvadaKedav likes this.
  7. AvadaKedav

AvadaKedav Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator

Feelsbad

8. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

Great job with the new PressureCooker - it's definitely better than the first version.

Biurza likes this.
  9. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

I fell in love with Pressure Cooker :heart:

10. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Let the sponge spam begin!

Eluded and Biurza like this.
  11. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

More maps is always nice, ctf could use a few smaller maps. instead of the stalemates/ratmaps or maps that are just to big and cause lag. ( some flags are impossible to get without rats)

Blue_Tiger, Magmus and Biurza like this.
  12. franek123

Imo we dont need new maps. Maps we have already should be fixed. Easy thing to fix is not puttin huge mountains at sides of the map and putting most of the gold on middle so people can't sit in base all game and spam ballista bolts, OR we could just do ticket mode with 3 (?) tickets per player after 40 (?) min timer runs out :rekt:

Cruxiat and Coroz like this.
  13. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Amazing maps! Loved all three of them :P
    Keep up the good work :D

ParaLogia likes this.
  14. TFlippy

TFlippy Arsonist Tester

Is it me or did the camera movement / pixel snapping become rougher after this update? Anyway, I'm glad the bad deltas and random crashes are being fixed. ::):

15. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Uncheck "Snap camera to pixel" in the Misc Settings menu, I had to toggle that off again after the update

16. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

you are right about the maps need fixes but i would like to see a few smaller maps aswell. and gold in the middle is always good, it gives the aggresive team a bonus.

Magmus and Biurza like this.
  17. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

20170205111443_1.jpg

18. Geti

Typical TDM players haha. I should never trust dirt for anything.

I agree. There's a "map feedback" thread but it's a ghost town atm.

Hrm, I dont think anything changed in relation to this but I'll put it on the list for next week.

PUNK123 likes this.
  19. franek123

I love how you skipped last part of my post :rektlord: Add fucking timer which sudden death at the end of it. Players don't camp like in tickets, players don't get drustrated over ties. It's a win win.

Wolfos likes this.
  20. Geti

Sorry I uh tend to zone out when folks post suggestions with
    45min timer could be good, as long as it counts flags and is very visible through the round. There's already a config option I think. Dunno how sudden death would work though. Would definitely need a 5min "hurry up!" warning.

Biurza, epsilon and franek123 like this.