1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Petition to change MLK rules involving who wins the game

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG Archive' started by Blue_Tiger, Oct 3, 2015.

?

Remove ticks past mid & ticks to cap from MLK rules to allow ties?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. -Crimson-

-Crimson- Haxor

I don't have much of a say on this. But generally speaking in any game competitively, more map control = more chance of winning. What's so bad about controlling mid?
    Look at a game like Halo 3 for example when it was in its prime, controlling mid was very important and generally the team who controlled mid the most ended up winning, even if it took 50 years for them to cap the flag.

2. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

What about those times where the losing team would comeback after 50 years and win the game?

3. -Crimson-

-Crimson- Haxor

Then it of course, proves that the other team played better. The comeback of that happening is well, generally quite uncommon. So I do understand your point. But it does make it so amazing to watch, and that occasional comeback out of nowhere is what keeps a competitive scene full of suspense in every game, not just KAG.

4. Blue_Tiger

Exactly. And with the current rules, there is almost no room for a comeback. If you get a bunch of ticks at mid, the enemy has to rush and take your flag in order to get a win, as opposed to defending their flag till the last breathe or pushing and taking mid back.

5. Were you even around during the classic builds? because clearly you don't know how ticket games work. Neither team siege spams each other when their tickets hit 0, but rather do hit and run tactics to either bait out an opposing player or weaken the opponent's defenses; this continues until one team have few members left or the defenses are weakened beyond repair, then the other team moves in, captures the flags and win. I have not seen one ticket game where a team has siege spammed to win. If your worried about ticket games lasting hours because the tickets hit 0, add a timer (which is standard in all clan wars, both MLK and non-MLK), so team's won't be able to stall for hours; that way games are quick and use a more effective, less complicated system, the ticket system, instead of the ticks system (which a lot of people don't understand how it works), which is supposedly used to favour #AG. In regards to rushes, you basically agreed with what i said but made it more fancy; A rush is a rush, whether or not its coordinated or their is teamwork involved, and their will be many rushes in one round and will only stop when a team's flags are captured. No matter how you see it or how you put it, its still rush after rush until a team loses their flags, because the teams literally have infinite lives; with tickets, teams won't be so inclined to rush constantly and be more conservative, though it doesn't mean a team will straight up camp in their base the whole game, rather make key attacks to cripple the opposing team, either in tickets or their defenses.

This is what I've been getting at, the rules are very unbalanced and unfairly written to favour strong teams such as #AG. Whoever wins the initial rush essentially wins the round there and then, since the team who lost the initial rush has little to no chance of winning, since the rush winners will have a 100-200 tick advantage when and if the rush is repulsed, and they may still have team members past the mid point. That's the main why the tick system should be removed and replaced by another system such as the ticket system with a timer.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  6. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

literally happens almost every single game

7. I don't know what games you've been playing/watching, but i haven't seen it happen in any ticket game I've played/watched (both classic and beta). I believe you are getting confused between standard CTF matches in beta, and ticketed games in both classic and beta.

8. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

stop mentioning classic, this is beta

9. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

No. But I know how beta games work and how tickets work in beta. (this isn't classic anymore?) Maybe it's just a thing with US clans (btw, there are a good amount of them in this league), but siege spam has always been prevalent in some of the most recent gather matches (recent as in the last 4 or 5 months) since it's now dead basically.

I think you're confused between regular CTF and Tickets, because the reality is that experienced teams (maybe not yours), but others will be conscientiously watching their tickets, and that combined with a group of experienced players on both sides is the perfect formula for long drawn out matches. Sorry, but the glory of classic tickets will not carry over to competitive in beta. I can agree with mak on these things because I've been in matches where he is building on one side and I'm on the other, with both our sides coin farming for siege in hour and one and a half hour long matches.

10. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Gather / tickets → casual non-intense matches, almost as stale as sandbox, with builders farmin' coins to build ballistæs for every teammate. That aside, I have to agree with you: There's absolutely no trace of strategy / skill with the current rules. Instead of ticks and tickets we should switch to TTH as it's a far better / more competitive gamemode. Come on .. I know the community spent (wasted) a bit of time discussin' the rules, and I'm quite pleased that everyone agreed on writin' rules in favour of AG#, yet I'm about to drown in my own tears: The current rules are frickin' scandalous. I don't understand them as I haven't read this and / or I'm retarded. Give 'em a chance? Fuck, no. I know .. I could've stated my opinion and voted before kickoff as any other well-mannered community member, yet I'm naive and tasteless AF.

Return to Classic, scrub.
    Also, it's uncool to ditch a match.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  11. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I don't know if it was a joke or not but tth clans wars actually sound very fun.

12. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Oy
    Add timer on each hall, lol
    This will be rushwar then, which everyone will wish :o

13. Blue_Tiger

14. BarsukEughen555

TTH rules, coz PUG's 'r' livin' in TTH m8
    ur ded on next MLK m8's

15. Why always shit players Who dont play speak about rules... #PlsMaltagerDontSpeakForSayShit

16. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

To be honest the people that voted yes to tickets aren't really competitive at all, judging by their names.

17. BarsukEughen555

Aye
    Im not sure if there is moar then 1/3 of players who voted at all
    Including both Yes and No O-O

18. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Mainly FoD, MaskG, SP.

Teams who lost matches.

19. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

21 / 22 have yet to read the rules.

20. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

:up:
    We talked about the rules for at least two months, in public, with poll and discussion.

Absolutely if we win it's thanks to the rules.

Also the rules of ticks was not one of my ideas but of mak. So I do not see, how the rules could be favored to us because it's not even me who writes them !

Do you want to know what rules come from me? OK well

If you want to change rules. Find it good!
    Know that we thought a lot of different rules together.
    And this one is one of the best and fair play that we have found.