1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Spike teamkills should remove a kill

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by epsilon, Jul 19, 2017.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

If a player teamkills using a spike, the player should lose a kill. If the player is on 0 kills it will not remove a kill.
    Advantages:
    - Makes players double think before dropping spikes and will prevent careless spike-drop spam.
    - Building poorly made traps will have consequences for the player who built it (aside from the fact that it may be a burden on your team).
    Disadvantages:
    - Teammates might purposefully jump into spike drops to troll players who have a good kdr.
    - Strategic, well-timed spike drops could accidentally kill teammates.
    - Some people aren't concerned with their kdr and won't care if they lose kills.

This could just be limited to falling spikes (but not from spikes which fall if you destroy the block it was placed on).
    Advantages:
    - Teammates spiked to death from enemies activating spikes won't penalise the player who placed it.
    Disadvantages:
    - Players who carelessly spam spikes on dirt won't be punished.
    - People who build bad traps with spikes on dirt/wood won't be punished if teammates fall in and die.
    - Players could abuse this by first placing spikes on wood and then destroying the wood.

2. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

We already lose coins for teamkills, if that's not stopping people from being reckless this KDR stuff won't either.

The consequence of the poor trap is the previously mentioned coin loss. The coin loss for teamkills is pretty steep too (IIRC it's 50 coins per tk which is crazy) The coin loss is enough imo.

I can just imagine this issue becoming even more frustrating for me when i'm autobalanced. Imagine the scenario now.

*Makes spike trap on blue*
    *Is autobalanced*
    *Lemming red teammates jump into spikes*
    *rip coins AND KDR.*

FuzzyBlueBaron and SlayerSean like this.
  3. You come out of a bad games to hate at this point the spikes?:spikes::spikes:

4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Damn, I totally forgot about this. Do you lose coins if a teammate dies to your retractable spikes? If so, then this should be fixed since they are unintentional teamkills.
    If you're asking if I've just come out of a bad game and am complaining about spikes, my answer is no. I've had this suggestion sitting on a sticky note for probably about half a year but haven't bothered to post it until now.

5. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Any spikes at all will count as a teamkill if you placed them and siphon your coins away, including retractable spikes that may accidentally prick your teammates toes to death.

Mods: Rainbows