1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Stalemate Fix Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Lava, Jul 3, 2016.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

When the final flags of both teams are in each other's possession, someone can bring the flag to the empty flagcase and "cap it" that will revert both flags back.

Credit to the lazy @PUNK123

2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

What if both teams don't want to cap the flags and are waiting for the enemy team to lose their flag so they can cap it and win?

3. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Only thing I can see going wrong with this is maps with multiple flags. Because I honestly would be incredibly annoyed if our team has 2 flags and one gets stolen, while the other team has 0 and they get to touch their missing flag and just rip their flag out of our hands even though we had the possibility of winning.

bunnie, Magmus, PUNK123 and 1 other person like this.
  4. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Also on the topic of stalemates, putting a flag in a catapult should still make the flag go back after a while.
    People tent to buy a catapult to put the flag in so the game basically goes on forever (until there is a vote for next map)
    Lavaguy's idea could be viable but needs some tweaks.

5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

His idea needs no tweaks. Both flags being in each others possession should cancel out regardless of who wants what. As for the catapult bullcrap i made a suggestion thread for that awhile ago. i point you there.
    Final flag was specified. If the developers are unable to do that then that is the problem with the game and not the suggestion.

6. 4zK

4zK Horde Gibber Staff Alumni

I say make the flags count down to being returned (as if they weren't held) if the persons holding the flags go behind their own post / stay still for too long

this way the flag carriers are forced to stay in between the posts, reducing the possibilities of camping

epsilon likes this.
  7. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Why not make a countdown start when all the flags are taken and there is no way to capture , and when it ends the game finish in a tie

8. 4zK

4zK Horde Gibber Staff Alumni

what if the majority of players don't want it to be a tie? any solution that results in the players not having control over the match is inherently bad

9. PUNK123

Because that would involve coding. Hell the developers dont even want to add a better countdown for build time. Hell look at the fix that nel fellow did. After over a year it still isnt in the game.
    This is just a fix for the affect and not the cause. Both flags being in each other's possession is stupid and shouldnt even happen.

Magmus likes this.
  10. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

You should just be able to cap a flag at any of the flag spots, regardless of if there isn't a flag there.
    So if both teams take each others flags the first team to take their flag back to their base wins.
    No complex coding/solution!

11. PUNK123

I honestly cant tell whether shitpost or 1/2 baked idea. Eitherway im starting to really dislike you. Ill pretend like it is a 1/2 baked idea, if this were instituted then you there wouldnt be a real winner. just ogm whoever runs to base wins. I dont know about you but i dont want a 3 hour long stalemate blood bath to end by some cheeky bullcrap like that.

12. epsilon

1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

But instead of really complex solutions and lots of coding this solution may be viable. I'm just thinking that people are overthinking it.
    Ideas like having a timer which starts counting down when you enter your base if both all flags are taken (for example) is really complex and unneeded.
    Plus generally if its a stalemate or if someone takes too long capping the flag a vote generally changes the map so having the game end sounds logical.
    And your comments about my idea are quite rude. Even though you're saying your honest opinion about my solution, the way you presented it sounds very ignorant.
    Lets not turn this thread into a place of insults.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    Potatobird likes this.
  13. PUNK123

Kinda like every single post you have in any suggestion thread. *Boom Tish*

I dont feel the need to be respectful when you dont feel the need to completely read the suggestion and understand the points. IE the trapblock discussion. IE
    IE
    Obviously all these responses have been covered somewhere or theyre common sense. If someone wants this idea in the game then obviously the suggestor doesnt care about your whiny flag camping feelings. And that's the point. People who talk about a suggestion immediately try to find non-existent faults with it even though the suggestor has probably been mulling over an idea for days/weeks. The least you can do is completely understand their post before you give your two cents.

14. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Can everyone please take a Xanax

an_obamanation and epsilon like this.
  15. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

How is the returning flags thing expected to be handled if the flag is on the floor? Say someone grabs your flag but gets killed halfway to running it back and your team starts returning it, if you touch your flag post will it still return both flags? I can see that being incredibly frustrating, and trolls abusing the hell out of that. I feel that a small timer should be set on resetting the flags (Say 5 seconds?) and that if the flag is on the floor then that timer goes away if your team is on top of said flag, this way your team can recover your flag and save the hassle of resetting to just bust in again. Timer would also make it so both teams have a slight amount of time to repair their flag cases, repel enemies from the case, and gives everyone a second to breathe and plan how to get in again.

16. PUNK123

see this is another one of those things that make me irritated to no end in S&I. People say "ogm what if trolls abuse". Those type of things should never be accounted for in suggestions because if someone is doing that they should be removed from the game. Ofc the active playerbase still has to deal with very inactive admins and no fucks are given. I get that but changing the game because of that would be very stupid. IE having kegs/saws/dirtspikes not damage teammates because they could be abused, but you wouldnt change that just because of those issues.

tl;dr stop overcomplicating the situation

an_obamanation likes this.
Mods: Rainbows