1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rejected "StrawberryField" by Andresian

Discussion in 'CTF' started by Ni, Oct 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

2. Ferrezinhre

Ferrezinhre Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Nice resource spread bit more stone would be good, mid looks fine for me aside that bedrock noise, i don't see that map have any problem with deterioration. Now let's take look at flags, sky one will be difficult to get but it will probably spice up gameplay, well second end with race who will be first at enemy flag. Would say yes for this one.

3. mehwaffle10

mehwaffle10 Haxor Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I think the back flags are too high up and too far back on the land to end in anything but siege spam. The front flag is a gimmicky rush flag, there's no way to cover it if you don't win the rush. The backwall under the island in mid makes the tunnel a bit too defensible, I would like to see that reduced or swapped with stone backwall so that its not as strong of a rats nest. There is a lot of gold, but maybe could use more stone that is also more accessible (player's won't know where to dig for it). The weird bedrock seems unnecessary, as I'm pretty sure there are no holes in the bedrock that a player can squeeze thru without using the block glitch (which is another concern). I'm a maybe on this one, I'm concerned about siege spam/stalemates because of the back flag.

4. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Resource spread seems good but a bit random at the same time, there is some stone pockets that you would not dig to them without knowing the map/having the png. There are also no holes in bedrock, and I am sure the block glitch will not work or place you above ground IF the enemy don't dig a hole near the bedrock where you are trying to glitch trough.
    Back flag is too high and hard to reach, and there is no point in defending the first flag.
    The dirt backwall hole in mid could lead to strong tunnels, maybe lower the hole as waffle said or remove some dirt backwall. Maybe place water to prevent easy strong tunnels? Im not sure.
    Its a no for me because I am 100% sure it will be a stalemate with this first flag.

5. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Would you rather have this one rejected or make the changes?

6. Ferrezinhre

First ask andre if he have time to make changes, I personaly have no idea how make this map better, mag or waf can try if they want or reject it temporary until someone make it better.

7. mehwaffle10

One thought is to make a sky island between the two top flags with no backwall underneath (alongside the other suggested tweaks)

8. Ni

1. Active Forum Users

Would someone nag him about the changes?

9. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

I can talk with him
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 21, 2019, Original Post Date: Oct 14, 2019 ---
    I talked with him, he told that he was up to change, but Idk if he is doing it. Will poke him like now to see.

mehwaffle10 likes this.
  10. Ferrezinhre

11. Ni

1. Active Forum Users

Is this going anywhere?

12. mehwaffle10

I think the changes to make it decent are too significant and should just end up another submission

13. Ni

1. Active Forum Users

True Rejected for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.