1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie Fortress Plus 1.6.7f

When the zombie man throws in a little extra

1. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Who did the spriting for this?
    It looks like it was made by *insert kag artists name here*
    (aka it's extremely pretty)

2. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Water and Earth elemental are sprites meant for BunnyFection (they were on the comunity pack), Fire and Air elementals were made by Capcom. They're from Ghoul n' Ghosts, I just resized and smoothed them a little, and changed their colors to make them look more kag-ish. I'm still not full happy with them, but I lack the skills to do something better :^/

asger75 likes this.
  3. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Really nice. I like how the elementals are able to draw enemy attention and exchange blows with Zombies. Not sure as I have only tested it a little bit but I think the water elemental is superior to the other elementals, I think a simple time limit + HP boost on all elemental's would be awesome, especially the rock elemental (which may also require a small attack boost as well) since they tend to get rekt instantly when like 3 zombies focus on them. Fire elemental seems kinda useless, but i'm unsure, maybe make it shoot fire projectiles? Also I don't think they target Zombies corpses, which is kind of a problem for Wizard since his orbs don't impact corpses either.

Keep up the nice work, really great mod.

:thumbs_up:

4. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

Now that you brought zombie corpses up i actually think that having elementals focus on dead them could be great, maybe not as cool, but still very usefull (having to worry about zombies coming back to life is a big deal, it often takes more to clear the corpses than to kill the zombies themselves)

5. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Frikman updated Zombie Fortress Plus with a new update entry:

hotfix

Read the rest of this update entry...

asger75 and JackMcDaniels like this.
  6. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Nice. Wizard would be perfect if it had the option to choose which elemental to summon which would allow it to pick and choose the right elemental to deal with each and every situation. Perhaps like the archer arrow type option, might be hard to code though seeing as how crossbow knight doesn't even have it.

If you ever do manage to get that right though, I think it would be awesome to use that functionally if possible to create a druid class that can change animal forms also depending on the situation (shark, bison, etc) but that's a far far far out suggestion of mine.

Also looks like white pages might not be spawning in the newest update, not sure if we've just been really unlucky though. Perhaps the drop rate should be increased and the range at which white pages merge together decreased (so that it isn't winner take all when all the mobs are defeated)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  7. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

crossbow isnt mean to use special arrows, its too OP then

8. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

I like the randomness of the Wizard's summons :y
    About the pages, I tested it a while and even chickens should drop them, but each zombie has a different chance (5% zchickens and arms, 10% zombies and skeletons, 25% gregs and bisons, etc). So, either I fucked up something before uploading, you've been unlucky or someone on your server has taken all the pages silently like a greedy rat. Please keep testing, because I won't be able to host a server nor play during the whole week because of uni :^(

This guy gets it. I had to remove the ability for the Crossbow Knight to use different arrows :y

9. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Hmm had to or have to? because its still very much possible for crossbow knight to use bomb arrows. And I agree its OP.

10. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

I thought I had removed it completely, but you're right. It is, hopefully, removed now (at least on my testing I wasn't able to make him use other arrows).
    Also I tested pages a bit more, but they seem to be working fine. Maybe you had bad luck? or maybe they get buggy while playing online, I don't know :^(

11. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Hmm I'm on Vamist's server and pages are definitely not dropping from enemies.

Also elementals once spawned automatically run to the left, which is annoying when the corpses you want them to destroy are to the right. Which also brings me to another point, elementals don't target corpses but they do damage to them when walking by them.

EDIT: Undead scrolls not dropping either.

DOUBLE EDIT!!!: Think I have killed more players with the water element than i have Zombies, its water explosion thingy doesn't seem to hurt Zombies at all but it does make wraiths explode and seems to make the wraiths explosions even bigger not sure.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  12. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Ah fug. Is he hosting 1.6.5 or 1.6.5a? I know the previous system SHOULD work online, since it was working fine when I tested it during the weekend. The new system relies on the Zombies anim scripts, rather than checking "when they die", because each time they revive their old blob died and had a chance of droping pages/arms/scrolls.

I'll make a quick 10 mins test and host a server before going to uni to see if it happens on my end, else I guess Vamist has to turn off kid mode? I don't know if something else could be causing the bug

13. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

14. asger75

asger75 Haxor

15. kiaran

kiaran Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

MAKE A REVIVAL SCROLL PLZ (timer so long XD)

16. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

I made the timer like 1 minute less a few builds back lad. Back in KAG classic you had to wait 5 or more minutes to respawn, while here you have to wait 3 mins. Making a resurrection scroll not only would be a pain to code, but it would also encourage people to be more reckless and dumb because they could just spam "resu pls" until someone revives them, and that's exactly what I'm trying to prevent. Think of the respawn time as some sort of punishment.

I've seen good players like Kasper survive for several days without dying, my friends and I do the same most of the time. Unless there are undead players, only doing dumb things gets you killed, like:
    • Wandering on roofs when Gregs are out instead of killing them with a ranged class
    • Trying to hit a Wraith when it's enraged
    • Jumping on a mob of zombies with a knight and not using your shield ever
    • Building doors on bad places and having Wraiths destroy them, making easy entrances for zombies
    • Fighting on places with saws under your feet
    • Trying to defeat a zknight with a Builder
    etc. I constantly see people dying on ways that are really easy to prevent with common sense, yet no one ever listens to advices or learns from their mistakes. I don't want to make scrolls to please such people

17. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Hmmm, I know nothing about KAG modding but if its not too hard to do I'd still like to see more bunnyfection stuff added to this mod (automatic defense turrets to deal with pesky gregs etc,) with a reasonably high cost to prevent them being spammed and so that it rewards players who make big material farms and want to make a comfy bunker. 1 block size turrets shouldn't be too OP considering that Zombie arms now exist which can break the turrets in whatever 1 block hole they have been put in, but if it is a problems perhaps the size could be increased so that the turrets no longer fit in 1 block gaps?

Regarding the fire trap block, it seems to create a bunch of lag when tons are placed around the map, so perhaps the price could be increased to like 50 gold + stone? might encourage more careful placement as well, just a thought.

Frikman likes this.
  18. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

I actually messed around with BunnyFection's turrets a long ago but couldn't make them work properly due to their AI (they didn't shoot zombies). That was a long ago tho, when I was just getting into modding, so I'll ask for permission to include them if I manage to get them to work :y

About the fire traps, I guess I could raise their price. I've had reports that fire mechanisms lag servers too, but I don't really know if it can be fixed that easily :^/

19. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

wow pls no cannons thats most cancer thing

Frikman likes this.
  20. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

I thinks automatic defense turrets would be a great addition, as long as the price is steep to encourage careful use and placement. Automatic defense might've frustrated some people in the bunnyfection mod since bunny was unable to dig around them but it shouldn't be no where near as painful for the Zombie team since bunnies can dig and have access to stronger classes. I think it also gives people more reason to stick with builder over special classes, and more people building defensive & offensive structures can only be a good thing as of right now.

Yeah I think changing the fire trap block so it doesn't create lag would be a bit too difficult without changing the whole block and how it works. When there are a lot of them in the map the lag they create can be pretty intense as well, a quick fix would be to simply raise the price.