1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie Fortress Plus 1.6.7f

When the zombie man throws in a little extra

1. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Frikman updated Zombie Fortress Plus with a new update entry:

More scrolls and Maps

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

before people start spamming me with "vamist update server" i've already updated it.

Olimarrex, SirDangalang and Frikman like this.
  3. i played this today, and holy shit, this is really good. also was very pleased to see that tank got upgraded with a cannon

Frikman likes this.
  4. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Nice. Might I suggest giving the summoned elementals from scrolls an increased time limit? they're bound to get killed eventually with their low HP so lag shouldn't be an issue I think.

:thumbs_up:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  5. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

I don't know what's your deal with the elementals fam, they're really stronk if you ask me. Making them stay longer would only make things more unfair for undead players, as you could use a scroll underground and make them kill the whole team :^/

SirDangalang likes this.
  6. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Hmm yeah i won't doubt you since i'm not the mod creator. tbh in my very personal opinion though I don't think the competitive PvP aspects are not taken seriously enough for PvP balance to be any real priority and that most players just come for a more relaxing PvE sandbox but that might just be my own biased opinion speaking.

Also I think being turned into a Zombie by another player should be an unfair experience, I mean there should be strong motivation for players to not want to get killed and become a Zombie and those that dare use an undead scroll should expect to be punching upwards :flex:

:thumbs_up:

Frikman likes this.
  7. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

I really like your feedback lad. For a long time I thought of the mod as a glorified sandbox with zombies, but that changed with Undead players.
    I can't go back now, as I really enjoy being a zombie too :^) but the thing is I'll always keep in mind both the pve and pvp aspects of the mod.

Undead players will appear on day 10 after the Abomination has been slain, so they have only 5 days to try to win. If they didn't zombify other players it'd be really unfair and unfun for them, and in the end no one would become undead for the shitty experience that it'd be (3vs7 or more survivors).

I think I've never said this, but this mod is meant to be played with 10-12, so I guess some things feel weird or unbalanced while playing with more people on Vamist's server. Don't get me wrong, I've had fun playing there with tons of people, but remember that some stuff WILL feel odd with more people playing.

JackMcDaniels likes this.
  8. daimyo21

daimyo21 Horde Gibber

Is there an option to make it PvE only for admins to configure for their server? I'll look into incorporating some of the AI code from the bosses if you're interested.. You're right though, they don't fit the theme, but who doesn't want to fight a huge Dragon!? =)

9. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

The dragon would probably be a fine addition if it was retextured and changed etc to be an undead dragon (fit the Zombie color/design scheme etc)

EDIT:
    Bit of feedback on the Tank, it does indeed pack a bunch however it cannot destroy Zombie corpses and just ignores them, also you take damage even while you're inside the tank and to add to that I believe a single wraith can destroy it.

I guess something needs to be done about Zombie corpses in general since they make like 50% of things useless (mage bot, tank, etc) they will just revive and kill her since she doesn't target the corpse. I guess it ain't an easy fix though.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  10. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Go to Abomination.cfg and add a # at the beggining of "DropScrollOnDeath.as". I suggest you have a look at the scripts folder too and see how things work with Aphelion's scripts c:

I'll raise the Tank's hp a bit I guess and see if I can make it hit the corpses.

About the corpses, I tried to fix this kind of issues a long ago with the help of Aphelion. Most of the issues are caused because the zombies's corpses are treated like a player corpse, meaning they get the "dead" tag when their hp reaches 0.0, and will be ignored by a lot of stuff (spikes, traps, bots and things that use an AI, etc).

When I tried to remove the "dead" tag and make the revival work different, a lot of stuff got screwed, so I've been working around the issue and eventually started seeing it as a legit mechanic of the mod. Things wouldn't be the same if corpses worked like the ones from Eanmig, since they made the mod a lot easier.

11. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

having spikes not destroy corpses gives zombies a much-needed advantage imho.

Biurza and Frikman like this.
  12. re: pvp balance - right now it's super easy to spawnrape zombie team. you have 10 days to convert their spawn into a death pit. put mines on mines on mines, chute kegs at them from above and set fire to everything. one way to prevent it would be to make their spawn act as an indestructible zombie portal (perhaps a nerfed one). other way would be to allow 1 zombie player from start, but that would not work well with 2-4 player on server.
    also zombie players should not collide with zombies, navigating zombie-filled tunnels is pure cancer for them.
    and maybe make zombie builders start with more wood, since getting it underground is problematic

btw, why are you using old swingdoor.as? current one is a lot better, it fixed passing through annoying badly-oriented doors

no protection while in tank cabin was intended, otherwise it would be very OP. tank was meant to be used with infantry support. but i agree it makes it quite vulnerable to wraiths, maybe a mounted bow would instead of cannon would be more effective.

Frikman and Vamist like this.
  13. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

I feel like that the driver of the tank should only die when the tank dies and that only person using the mounted gun should take damage as normal, I believe that how it usually is in video games and maybe real life. Not sure if it'd be OP though, think any half-competent Zombie Buider could ruin a tank drivers day quite easily. How Zombie knights/archer would deal with the tank though I'm not sure, maybe Frikman could give the undead team a scroll that summons a wraith or two? just a suggestion

Also are wraiths supposed to be able to rek dragoons as flawlessly as they do?

14. Olimarrex

I quite liked the way that zombies can be obliterated straight from the start, it discourages newbies & friendlies. Also, I don't think the revenants should be able to walk through zombies, it means that it's not so easy to have to fight both zombies & revanants at the same time, and means that becoming a revanant can just as easily become a help for the players instead of a hindrance.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 14, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 14, 2016 ---
    there IS a wraith summoning scroll, he added it in this update.

Biurza likes this.
  15. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

pvp wise there's nothing I can do to prevent survivors being rats. I mean they first have to find the spawn anyway, but I don't know if there's a way to fix it.

I'll check the SwingDoor script, I had to modify it to fix Burds being unable to use doors.

About the tank, it wouldn't be as badass without the cannon, right :^)?

Only a bad Dragoon gets rekt by wraiths m8. They have a shield, and like the Knights they can use it to overcome the explosion, unless they go full rambo into the wraith and hit it when it's on fire, which would be a very silly thing to do if you ask me.

If you become an undead you are bound to be a burden to survivors, so you're right about that. There aren't wraith summoning scrolls tho

16. Olimarrex

Oh, my bad, for some reason I keep on getting gregs and wraiths mixed up.

Biurza likes this.
  17. Huppuksi

Huppuksi Shipwright

How can I have every class playable at the beginning or is it possible?

And can pls someone post me some "more classes" mods

18. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Edit a file called "StandarRespawnCommand.as" and add lines with the classes icons and names (the ones on their config files)

19. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

I don't think dragoon's should take fall damage, sometimes when you're descending its hard to tell how fast you're going and you end up slamming into the ground and dying.

20. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

That's intended :^)
    Removing fall damage would take away the posibility of them dying by archers stunning them and stuff. I really like the way they are right now