1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie Fortress Plus 1.6.7f

When the zombie man throws in a little extra

1. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Frikman submitted a new resource:

Zombie Fortress Plus - When the zombie man throws in a little extra

Read more about this resource...

2. kiaran

kiaran Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

how do you host this. (its not working for me)

EvilPetro likes this.
  3. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Like any other mod. Edit autoconfig.cfg and set sv_gamemode to the mod folder name, then edit mods.cfg and add the mod folfer name. That should be it

4. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

One problem so far, Being the Birb (chicken thingy) The workshops are big, not small ;-;

5. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Eh that's odd. I played last night and people made their mini bases with small workshops and all.
    Are you loading any extra mods along with ZFM? this mod relies on A LOT of modified vanilla scripts, it'll probably not be compatible with many other mods asides PlayerHeads and the likes

6. Vamist

No extra mods, Just the mod itself, Go check it out if you want.

7. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

That's weird. Can you check Burd.cfg and tell me if it's loading BurdInventory and CommonBurdBlocks? maybe I forgot to add them when I uploaded the mod. I'll update the gamemode later with some experimental features, I'll check Burd when I do it.

Vamist likes this.
  8. Vamist

It has BurdInventory and is in the Burd.cfg But it does not have CommonBurdBlocks in the cfg, And the file is not in the mod.

Nyocat also said that the gravestones are broken. He said there is meant to be a lot, and each map we play on, we did not get any gravestones spawn.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  9. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

I'll host the mod on MEGA and other mirrors, I'm pretty sure they were on the 7z file before uploading it to Dropbox.

Vamist likes this.
  10. Vamist

Well, Weirdly enough, I went to redownload the mod, to check if i had the right one, turns out i had a older version, which was weird, since I've never downloaded this mod before.

I had version 1.4.4

I now have version 1.5.8

._.

So, Mini shop works,

Idk about gravestones, we've been looking for them for a while, still not found a single one.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  11. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Both the mod folder and the one inside rules folder need to have the exact name. I remember when I changed names gravestones didn't spawn, in case you did that.
    I'll try to get the experimental changes working in the next 30 mins, so stay tunned for the update :kappa:

Vamist likes this.
  12. Vamist

I've not touched the mod, so nothing was changed. But yay, update!
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 5, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 3, 2016 ---
    It would be nice to have a limit of zombies or something.

The server started to have major lag spikes, due to players not killing the zombies, we were on wave 13, and everybody started to lag a lot.

so, a limit would be nice, and to make it fair you could add something like, "Kill the remaining zombies to get to next wave" Or add mini objectives, like kill 10 zombies and get a random scroll, kill 100 and get a class scroll etc etc, this would encourage people to kill zombies instead of letting them stack up.

Learner and SirDangalang like this.
  13. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

There's already a limit, 100 for total zombies and 25 for portal zombies. Any number lower than that makes the game really boring and easy, trust me.
    You need to teach your players (or they have to learn by themselves) that leaving entrances without traps or people guarding, spamming doors (which wraiths are attracted to) and in being a useless piece of shit in general won't do any good. This game mode is like any other game mode: you need to learn how to play it, otherwise you're never gonna make it to day 15, just like in KAG classic.

Vamist likes this.
  14. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Frikman updated Zombie Fortress Plus with a new update entry:

Versus update

Read the rest of this update entry...

Vamist likes this.
  15. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Few suggestions

Add a shop scroll menu so that players can buy transformation scrolls like Dragoon, chicken builder etc. Giving them the option to buy scrolls will encourage players to build using stone blocks and make Zombie death traps etc so they can farm enough coins to buy the scroll they desire, it also opens up more options for players other than just racing against each other underground to the scrolls they want while completely ignoring the surface of the map and should also encourage players to stick with the current map instead of voting for next map the second that all the underground scrolls have been used up.

Make it so that survivors also have access to the slayer class, perhaps make it a scroll unique to shops and make it expensive. Personally I like the class but don't really wanna play as Zombie just to use it.

Add more build options for chicken builders, basically stuff like the pig warrior and automatic defense turrets, but make it require much materials so it isn't spammed everywhere (500 or more wood for bow turret, etc) and in response add a workshop for Zombies so can they swap to the Zombie Bunny freely without the need for a scroll.

Not sure about this one but perhaps make maps wider and give zombies the ability to chew through dirt albeit really really slowly.

:thumbs_up:

SirDangalang, Frikman and asger75 like this.
  16. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

On really old versions you could buy class scrolls at the Wizard workshop, but that only encouraged players to build crap to farm coins and turn to a special class on day 1-2, rinse and repeat. Not many people care about actually "winning", they'll just race to get a book and then mapvote when the map's out of them, and there's nothing I can really do about it. I can tweak and balance things, but I can't change people's minds :^/

17. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Don't think i ever played the build you're talking about, I just think it would help a little to have more options about how players can go about getting scrolls. Perhaps player specific safes can be added (like the ones on FUN CTF if the mod maker allows for it) so that players won't rush to buy the scroll they want the moment they have enough coins, might also encourage players to build/fortify an area to keep their specific coin safe free from harm.

18. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

I don't think that'd be a solution, really. The core problem will still be there, people building 3x3 stone blocks, destroying them, and then doing it again to earn cash.

Now, I'll be testing some changes about the spawn of Undead Scrolls and such, so only time will tell how the balance changes.

19. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Frikman updated Zombie Fortress Plus with a new update entry:

Balance and hotfixes update

Read the rest of this update entry...

JackMcDaniels likes this.
  20. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

I am assuming the room the statue is in, isn't actually indestructible,meaning people might dig to it before there are any undeads (due to the new "boss scroll" mechanic) and build traps/mess up with the spawn, unless there is something else that i am not aware of that would stop this from happening.
    Also, making the game end on the first rounds wasn't really an easy task, you needed two or three scrolls, coordinated undeads, and bad survivors.

maybe let the undeads go through zombies(like they were allies) with the next update? , i personally feel like it's very annoying to have to kill every zombie in your path, especially considering how many there are at higher rounds.