1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

(closed) [BoW] - PROCEDURALLY GENERATED DISAPPOINTMENT

Discussion in 'Social/Casual' started by Juaro, Aug 2, 2014.

1. But that's the magic of FBB, you gotta filter all the eloquent dialog or else you spend half of your life reading his texts posts.

Haven't you been round here for enough time Hella-senpapi?

2. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Well, I've been trying to avoid FBB because his eyes are too close together.

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

:heart:

You're missing the point here. If one can't be grandiloquent to the point of magniloquence in a clan thread, then where can you? Is life to lose all it's savour, Hella dear?

Yes, I wasn't happy about the use of bold text, but found I was caught in an unhappy bind where the strictures written language vis a vis oral expression meant visual emphasis was, unhappily, necessary. Which really ought not have been a problem; only, what with English being funny about non-integrated foreign words being identified visually, I found there was entirely too much italicisation for comfortable reading. :oops:

In any case, I apologise for the butchering of that paragraph with bold text. Perhaps in future I needs must forgo my fondness for Goonian dialogue in favour of something a little more Galenian (oh, the irony, haha).

@Galen--
    We're not dead, merely sleeping. :quarters:

@Hella--
    Contrary to popular belief, dear, not everyone is like you. A nose bridge of two feet, three inches is almost two feet, three inches too broad. :potato:

4. Hella

No, no, don't speak like Galen, that's just one of the worst things you could do. If you're leaning towards Goonian discourse, then you lack a certain fluidity, and definitely absurdity, I'm afraid.

I accept your apology concerning bold and italics; bolditude is far to shoutatronic for common conversation, sadly.

5. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

Scotch eggs are gross fuck you both

6. Hella

Technically dead.

You gotta keep threads active if you wanna appear impressive and important, friend. Why do you think I post in this thread on a monthly basis?

7. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

I thought you did it out of motherly love ;-;

8. Hella

That's one of the reasons, yes, but this question isn't for you Shagsworthmuch.

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

That was unnecessarily unkind.

I've petitioned an admin to have YB removed from what is clearly an inaccurate category to somewhere more appropriate. They've since approved the request, so your cruel joke at our expense is short lived, ha!

That's half the problem, isn't it. If you read my posts aloud as intended, then you'll have others wondering why you've suddenly turned into Neddy Seagoon. The emphasis of the text was less about shoutitude (although, to be fair, Neddy does a lot of that) and more about speaking in strange and/or strangled funny voices & accents.

@Lawrence_Shagsworth--
    You forget that Hella is the kind of mother who would lovingly smother his children as an object lesson in how you should never trust anyone. For my part, I've always assumed that Hella posted here because there was almost as much Gothic Victorian drama here as in FallenLondon--but without any of that pesky grinding.

10. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Admin aboos

Edit: wait, I can admin aboos his aboos

Edit2: YB is a dying race

11. FuzzyBlueBaron

I'm in the middle of making a new post in that thread; which I can't do until it's back in New/Upstart (which is in accordance with section rules, my sweet). <3

#sharkisbaide

12. Auburn

How long does it take you to make a post FBB?!?!
    You take longer to type stuff than my grandma
    #occupyFBB

13. FuzzyBlueBaron

I type slowly, I had to look up some threads to check my history, and also took a pause in the middle to make out with talk to my wife. :chicken:

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

15. Auburn

took you long enough

16. FuzzyBlueBaron

17. Hella

Enjoy the festivities.

18. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

I need this in my life...

19. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

is this a fucking joke lol

20. Auburn